Amish dietary requirements? (carrot cake)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaxieS

Assistant Cook
Hi all, I am new here and just wanted to ask a question :) I am visiting my sister in a few days for her birthday and she has an Amish friend who will also be there. I am wanting to bake a carrot cake but wondering if Amish people have any dietary requirements/restrictions? (no dairy etc) as I am not very educated on the subject. Thanks very much and have a good rest of your evening.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking lovely :wub: As far as I know, no they do not have restrictions. Your sister's friend however may have their own requirements for health or so-on so you could message your sister. Have a good evening to you aswell.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking lovely :wub: As far as I know, no they do not have restrictions. Your sister's friend however may have their own requirements for health or so-on so you could message your sister. Have a good evening to you aswell.
Thanks Linda. Good idea I will ask my sister just in case, don't want anyone to miss out on my gram's famous carrot cake recipe!

Check a few Amish recipe sites.

IMO Amish people enjoy junk food and processed food as much as the rest of America.

1684880176742.jpeg

Hi! I actually grew up in an Amish home. (Im not Amish anymore) Most of the food that they eat is pretty normal. I would try to not used highly processed ingredients but apart from that there are no dietry restrictions in the Amish faith. I hope this helps!

Hi! I actually grew up in an Amish home. (Im not Amish anymore) Most of the food that they eat is pretty normal. I would try to not used highly processed ingredients but apart from that there are no dietry restrictions in the Amish faith. I hope this helps!
Thanks Carol! I tend to use wholesome ingredients. I like the traditional country lifestyle plus highly processed ingredients can make my stomach upset at times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom