Any pasta recipes that are simple yet delicious?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you interested in a template for making a quick, easy, and tasty pasta dish? If so, are you willing to use fresh pasta to make the recipe extra quick? I'm asking because I only have this recipe from a link to a Danish cooking site, so it's in Danish. If you are interested, I will be happy to write it up in English.
Yes I would like to see the recipe, thanks

@georgevan, did you find the posts helpful? Some feedback would be great! Also, it occurred to me that you didn't say what kind of recipes might be of interest to you. Stir Fry is another way to make quick pasta! With store-bought stir fry sauce (there are a lot of options in the Asian aisle), the process is greatly simplified. Many of the bottles come with a recipe on the label. :cool:
Thanks, I am going to look into stir fry sauce

We used to do this for more of a side dish, not main meal/

In butter ( or mix of butter and oil.. preferred ) fry up some onions ( diced ) and mushrooms ( sliced ) until they start to turn color. Add pre cooked egg noodles, mix, salt / pepper to taste, add more butter if needed to coat noodles.

How do I heat up leftover pasta? Steam?
Do you mean nekkid pasta? Or do you mean pasta that already has a sauce? If it is already sauced, I heat it in the microwave. If it is nekkid, I usually dump the pasta in the sauce and nuke that. If you just want the nekkid pasta heated, steam would probably be your fastest method. Heating in boiling water would work, but it takes more water and probably takes longer.

I got no microwave.
I reheat on the stove and just accept that the pasta is going to be a bit soggy
Or put in a bowl, sprinkle with cheese and heat in the oven
Both for dressed pasta.

Undressed: I've never had, but I would probably use it in some form of pasta salad, or make the sauce and when almost ready, dump the pasta in it for a quick re-heat

One pound pasta, your choice.
One pound meat, any kind, cooked.
One jar sauce. Cheddar cheese, alfredo, pesto, marinara - whatever.
One can Campbell's cream of whatever.

Cook pasta; warm up the rest of the ingredients mixed together. Add water or milk if it's too thick. Mix pasta and sauce.

Experiment!

How do you "steam"? Doesn't that involve boiling water as well?

But I agree with most. It really depends on how much you are reheating. How much sauce you have and how much pasta and what kind of pasta. Are they already mixed?

If already mixed then in the microwave, with a cover of some sort.

If you don't have a microwave you could use a double boiler (safest so as not to burn)
or just a pot, but you might want to add a bit more liquid, whether it is more sauce (if yu have) or plain water (if you don't) - not much, just enough to help loosen it.

In the oven, as with Badjak's suggestion, extra cheese! I think I would cover, loosely, with foil so it doesn't dry out.

If it is "naked" you could either boil some water and dump it in to reheat.
Or heat the sauce, once hot, mix in the pasta. Cover and let it heat the pasta. Either with the burner on extreme low or just turn off but leave it sitting on the burner for residual heat.

Do you mean nekkid pasta? Or do you mean pasta that already has a sauce? If it is already sauced, I heat it in the microwave. If it is nekkid, I usually dump the pasta in the sauce and nuke that. If you just want the nekkid pasta heated, steam would probably be your fastest method. Heating in boiling water would work, but it takes more water and probably takes longer.
I mean sauced pasta with a bunch of stuff already added. I don't have a microwave.

How do you "steam"? Doesn't that involve boiling water as well?

But I agree with most. It really depends on how much you are reheating. How much sauce you have and how much pasta and what kind of pasta. Are they already mixed?

If already mixed then in the microwave, with a cover of some sort.

If you don't have a microwave you could use a double boiler (safest so as not to burn)
or just a pot, but you might want to add a bit more liquid, whether it is more sauce (if yu have) or plain water (if you don't) - not much, just enough to help loosen it.

In the oven, as with Badjak's suggestion, extra cheese! I think I would cover, loosely, with foil so it doesn't dry out.

If it is "naked" you could either boil some water and dump it in to reheat.
Or heat the sauce, once hot, mix in the pasta. Cover and let it heat the pasta. Either with the burner on extreme low or just turn off but leave it sitting on the burner for residual heat.
What is a double boiler? I googled it so no reason to reply

Yes I would like to see the recipe, thanks
I'm feeling sort of out of it today, so I haven't gotten much done on writing it up in English yet. I have a few questions for you.
  1. How many servings do you want me to write it up for?
  2. Do you have a scale that you can use for measuring ingredients?
  3. Do you mind metric measurements or are US measurements easier or you?

If you add a little oil or butter to a non stick pan, and pan fry it to heat it up, it changes it a bit, but in a good way. I like frying up pasta sometimes. Just dont let it burn. The pasta sticks real easy to the pan if not non stick

Sure, let it defrost before heating. You will probably have to add more
liquid as the pasta will absorb all the liquids already there.
Won't be quite the same but better than throwing it out.

Back
Top Bottom