Anyone inject alcohol into fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In college we used to fill a watermellon with booze, but I have't done anything like that in years.

Your oranges sound great!

peaches and oranges sound good, but it must be tough to get it into the peach. don't you need a good rind of some kind?

we used to do the vodka in a watermelon thing too. and canteloupes, and honeydews.

gotta get your daily serving of fruit, and alcohol.

Erik, what a great idea! Do you inject ahead of time and let the fruit "marinate?"

Yes, Callie.
Bucky, the peaches are done with care, when they are not totally ripe, and the rind is still kind of hard.
Only a few drops of vodka.

Do tell! Man, this sounds wonderful! I can eat fruit and no one wouldl know I am getting snockered!

I inject a good Tequila into large fresh strawberries and then dip them into chocolate. Then refrigerate for an hour or so. I never seem to have any left to bring home....

Brianschef said:
I inject a good Tequila into large fresh strawberries and then dip them into chocolate. Then refrigerate for an hour or so. I never seem to have any left to bring home....

Holy cow! Why have I not thought of this? How about champange????

Brianschef said:
That sounds amazing!

Oranges with vodka... but not since high school...

shhhh, don't tell my mom.

We've had a whole cored pineapple set in vodka and chilled overnight-Lots of happy people with this one-especially when it's hot out.

spiced rum into pinapple...but really different and yummy is chartreuse (green) into peaches and pears. really fine

Went to the first Farm Aid concert back in 1985. They wouldn't let you bring in anything but a bag lunch, forcing you to buy anything extra from the overpriced food and drink hawkers there.

I went with two farmer friends, who conveniently had some large syringes that they used to inject cattle with. We injected several liter bottles of 7Up with vodka and had a wonderful time.

BTW, vodka-injected watermelon left to marinate for awhile and then served in cubes grated with freshly cracked black pepper is divine.

Haggis said:
If by 'inject' you mean drink, and by 'fruit' you mean myself then yes, I do inject fruit with alcohol.
:LOL: Thanks for the chuckle Haggis- we have some "injected fruits" living here too!!!

mudbug said:
I went with two farmer friends, who conveniently had some large syringes that they used to inject cattle with. We injected several liter bottles of 7Up with vodka and had a wonderful time.
That is BRILLIANT!!!!!

mudbug said:
Went to the first Farm Aid concert back in 1985. They wouldn't let you bring in anything but a bag lunch, forcing you to buy anything extra from the overpriced food and drink hawkers there.

BTW, vodka-injected watermelon left to marinate for awhile and then served in cubes grated with freshly cracked black pepper is divine.

Bug, we are friends with a couple that have been to every single Farm Aid, and they also did the watermelon thing at the first one in Champaign, Il. HB and I have been to a few with them, and it was a great time, except for the one in South Carolina where we froze our buns off. Our friend died in January, as a result of contact with Agent Orange in Viet Nam. I don't know if his wife will continue the tradition or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

Connie, I haven't been to any of them (I think) since the first one in Champaign, but it still holds good memories for me.

I was still quite a nut for Willie N back then, so seeing him again was great. He used to play at the Illinois State Fair a lot back in those days, so I was used to seeing him fairly often but never got tired of Whiskey River, etc.

BB King, the Beach Boys, Carole King, and surprisingly - Glen Campbell - all put on great performances.

John Mellencamp wearing his old high school FFA jacket.

Neil Young not sounding so whiny in a live concert.

Back
Top Bottom