Arugula, tomato, crumbled gorgonzola salad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Simple salad it's easy and tastes wonderful.slice 4 ripe good sized tomatoes, add peeled and thin sliced cucumbers Armenian are best, add thin sliced radishes,ribbons of basil,salt and pepper bread slices toasted and torn into pieces.dress with evoo and red wine vinegar. Now toss in toss well and cover and let stand for 1 hour in cool place adjust seasonings retoss and enjoy.Now add arugula and enjoy nice when cool.
kades

Last edited:
I was just moaning to myself yesterday about how it is too hot to cook and eat hot foods. Brain fried from being out in the hot sun all day I guess. Even tho I kept moving to a shady spot to be in. And no cool foods in the house to eat on a hot day. Went to the store today and replenished the larder, well, the refrigerator actually.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am neither a complainer or a pitty pat kind of guy. I most often have a salad with dinner, and sometimes a leftovers made into a salad or a salad made into a sandwich for lunch. Several weeks ago I discovered you can eat more salad if you leave out the lettuce. So I didn't buy any.

Tonight's salad is halved grape tomatoes, peeled and seeded cukes cut like quarter moons, ( they are still selling waxed cukes at the store), whole sliced little zukies, vidalia onion, kalamata olives marinated in a simple red wine vinegar, dijon, garlic dressing. I never measure, so my dressing leans towards one flavor or another a little different each time I refill my cruet/mixing jar. Tonight, a few sprinkles garden oregano leaves on top when serving. Perfect.

In my neck of the woods, I think we missed spring. Whoosh. Now it's hot summer. In another few weeks DxW will have an overabundance of arugula both from her garden and her weekly CSA box. Then she will share and we will have greens coming out of both our ears.

Don't you love how you can make a salad that appears using almost the same ingreds yet is a little different every time it is serve!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom