Bakechef's Getting Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday made 15 individual cake layers and today making 6 batches of swiss meringue buttercream along with whipped white chocolate ganache and also whipped chocolate ganache.

Met the nicest lady at the cake supply store, she's the owner and has the best prices on stuff that I needed! Cakes by Jan in Bangor, wish that I had her in my town!

:flowers: :flowers: A 15 layered cake? WOW! That is going to be some cake. Does Jan have an internet shop that she sells over? When A friend can recommend a place that has great prices and givers great service, I like to make them a favorite place for me too. I find that a lot of places in small towns give better service with better prices. They will go out of their way to get you what you want or need if they don't have it. It is when a company gets too large that they lose sight of the customer and have eyes only for the bottom line.

Okay I am getting nervous also. Is the local paper going to cover your wedding? Hopefully on the society pages. :angel:

Yes it is exciting Seeing the beautiful smiles on your faces makes me so happy. May I wish your both the happiest that life has to give.
kades

The main cake is 3 tier and each tier will be 3 layers of cake and 2 layers of filling. There will be 2 satellite cakes in chocolate, those will also be 3 layers with filling.

Yes I found Jan via her online site. She had add lot more in her store and she's willing to mail just about anything. She special ordered these flowers for me a couple weeks ago. With her prices and with her only charging the actual price of postage, I'll be ordering from her for sure!

Yesterday made 15 individual cake layers and today making 6 batches of swiss meringue buttercream along with whipped white chocolate ganache and also whipped chocolate ganache.

Met the nicest lady at the cake supply store, she's the owner and has the best prices on stuff that I needed! Cakes by Jan in Bangor, wish that I had her in my town!

I hope you gave Rob a long Honey Do List to keep him busy while you are doing the baking and cake decorating! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Here's the thread that some have requested!

Today our wonderful friends threw us a wedding shower. It was fantastic, had over 30 people show up! They rented a space, made food and set up games. We're honored to have such great friends.

Here are a few pics of the event.

I'm the bald one in case anyone was wondering!

Here we are opening gifts, this is pretty much the expression that my partner has on his face all the time, :LOL:

Can you guess what's in the wrapping paper?

Our color inspiration was peacocks, our friend has wild ones roaming through her yard. One of the hostess made this for us, she loves to do sculptures, this was totally awesome! Peacocks have kind of taken over the wedding as a theme, thanks to my other half... I didn't realize that they are now trendy!

She also made these!

Here is the pan that was under the wrapping paper, from our registry.

Ramekins! Also from our registry!

A beautiful gift of flowers
Congratulations and best wishes for many years of happy partnership

Yeppers. I do similar lists for me. on a different app. No one can accuse me of forgetting something. And I don't always hold myself too accountable, reliable, and am more easily distracted. On a good day. I 'd cut Rob and you both some slack.

I didn't realize the Big Day is this Weekend. Again, hubba hubba. I 'd a had my high beams on before I left home. ;)

Last edited:
images
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, you're getting hitched tomorrow. It's only a day away!
images

What time does this shindig start? I want us all to know so we can send happy thoughts your way while you and Rob exchange vows. Like others have said, this is building in excitement! :clap:

Then there is

I'm getting married in the morning! Ding dong!
The bells are gonna chime. Pull out the stopper!
Let's have a whopper! But get me to the church on time!
I gotta be there in the mornin'
Spruced up and lookin' in me prime.
Girls, come and kiss me;
Show how you'll miss me.
But get me to the church on time!
If I am dancin' Roll up the floor.
If I am whistlin' Whewt me out the door!
For I'm gettin' married in the mornin'
Ding dong! the bells are gonna chime.
Kick up an rumpus But don't lost the compass;
And get me to the church, Get me to the church,
For Gawd's sake, get me to the church on time!
I gotta be there in the morning
Spruced up and lookin' in me prime.
:angel:

Well we're here!

Stopped in Freeport to exchange some worn out shoes at LL bean, got sucked into the Lindt outlet store and bought 5 pounds of truffles to use as wedding favors, weren't going to do wedding favors but Rob got excited about all of the pretty colored wrappers!

The little over 2 hour drive north went very quickly, which was great. One strange thing, I could use the high beams! I can't remember the last time I was able to use high beams, maybe the last time I was in Maine!

Did someone say Lindt :) :)

Good to hear you arrived safely :)

Wish I could be there--in honour of the event, I am wearing my dress today! It is a navy blue linen shirt dress and purple Crocs. I'm a chickenkeeper, that is as dressed up as I can do. All the best to the two of you. I think DCers "might" just be tippling a bit today! Can't wait to see the pics!

Back
Top Bottom