Barbara is in the Hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummmmmmmmm...Barbara? You have some tolerance for pain there girlfriend!! Can I assume you were VERY lucky to have gone to the hospital and had this not so healthy piece of you removed????? You are being watched over!!! :flowers:

Thanks again everyone! I'm so fortunate to have such a good family here!

Ummmmmmmmm...Barbara? You have some tolerance for pain there girlfriend!! Can I assume you were VERY lucky to have gone to the hospital and had this not so healthy piece of you removed????? You are being watched over!!! :flowers:
I actually do have a very high tolerance for pain (except for paper cuts--lol), which could be why I ended up waiting until it got this bad to go to the hospital! I was definitely being watched over!

Here's some trivia for any of you who haven't had this done. I had it done arthroscopically (that doesn't seem like the right word--I know that is what is done for joints), so he only had to make a few little holes to work through. Do you know where they remove the gallbladder through? Not kidding--through the belly button!

:)Barbara

Well Barbara, we have matching tummies now! LOL. I'm so glad you got it out. You won't believe how much better you feel now.

I actually do have a very high tolerance for pain (except for paper cuts--lol), which could be why I ended up waiting until it got this bad to go to the hospital! I was definitely being watched over!

Here's some trivia for any of you who haven't had this done. I had it done arthroscopically (that doesn't seem like the right word--I know that is what is done for joints), so he only had to make a few little holes to work through. Do you know where they remove the gallbladder through? Not kidding--through the belly button!

That's laparascopically :) Glad they were able to do it that for you - the recovery is much easier than the other way. I had mine out a little over a year ago, and due to adhesions from previous surgeries, the surgeon wasn't able to do it that way. It was a relatively small incision (about 3 inches, compared to my mom's 8-inch incision from 12 or so years ago) and I went home the next day, but I was out of work for 3 weeks.

Glad you're feeling better. Take care.

That's laparascopically :) Glad they were able to do it that for you - the recovery is much easier than the other way. I had mine out a little over a year ago, and due to adhesions from previous surgeries, the surgeon wasn't able to do it that way. It was a relatively small incision (about 3 inches, compared to my mom's 8-inch incision from 12 or so years ago) and I went home the next day, but I was out of work for 3 weeks.

Glad you're feeling better. Take care.
Yeah, I forgot to turn my brain on yesterday! I knew I had it wrong, but the real word just didn't want to come to me! Thanks!

When my daughter had hers out at age 18, she had just had a baby and couldn't pick him up for 2 weeks afterwards because she had it done the old way. I don't know why they didn't do hers laparoscopically.

I am just a little sore today. It hurts a little to go from lying to sitting position, and from sitting to standing, but really not bad.

Glad you are okay . Things certainly have changed since 1965 , when I had the gall bladder removed, the doc cut a 13 inch long in my stomach to remove the gall bladder, still have the ugly scar . :glare:

I'm glad your back home Barbara, and I hope you are feeling better and better every minute. Sending hugs your way ....

oh well.. I'm not here a few days and then...

Barbara, I'm glad you are back home safe and don't wait that long the next time!!!

Yeah, I forgot to turn my brain on yesterday! I knew I had it wrong, but the real word just didn't want to come to me! Thanks!

When my daughter had hers out at age 18, she had just had a baby and couldn't pick him up for 2 weeks afterwards because she had it done the old way. I don't know why they didn't do hers laparoscopically.

I am just a little sore today. It hurts a little to go from lying to sitting position, and from sitting to standing, but really not bad.

I had mine done a month after giving birth to my first born.

I'm so glad that they got that nasty thing out!! I hate that you have endured the pain for so long though. You should have gone in earlier!! Hard headed women, aren't we?? lol
Wait until it is absolutely necessary!!
Well, I'm just glad you're okay now and back home. {{HUGS}}

Glad you are okay . Things certainly have changed since 1965 , when I had the gall bladder removed, the doc cut a 13 inch long in my stomach to remove the gall bladder, still have the ugly scar . :glare:

had mine out the the middle eighties and am big ugly scar as well. having children did not hurt as much as that operation.

glad it is over barb, be well

Hi Barb~
I am in bed recovering from gallbladder surgery that I had on February 26th! I am sore and quite bored...so that is how I happened to find this site. It looks like a great place! I hope you a speedy recovery!
Candee

Candee, I hope you feel better as quickly as I did. Yours was a day behind mine. Hopefully all went well with your surgery and your recovery is going well. As my doctor said, no crunches for awhile! I'm sure he could tell by looking at me that I haven't done a crunch in a while anyway! If I had, it might have sped this process up even more!

I'm glad you found us, even if it was through having this surgery. This is a great site, with good people. I'm sure you can see that from the responses this thread (and many others).

I'm so glad that they got that nasty thing out!! I hate that you have endured the pain for so long though. You should have gone in earlier!! Hard headed women, aren't we?? lol
Wait until it is absolutely necessary!!
Well, I'm just glad you're okay now and back home. {{HUGS}}

Yeh, I think we all wait too long for everything. Let's remove the body parts at, say, 4 years old. We can remove the tonsils, adenoids, appendix, and gall bladders, maybe even half a liver, all at once. Then they just won't be there to go bad on us or give us any trouble as we get older.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Maybe we should get a stomach bypass while we're at it, and a heart shunt or two. That way, we avoid the whole overweight thing, and don't have to worry about hardening of the arteries. Now, who'll be the first to sign up their kids? Moohuahahahahaha:ROFLMAO:

(Note, this ridiculous message was placed to demonstrate dark humor only. Please don't take it seriously and start removing body parts from children. And, don't try this at home.)

And Barb; you know we love ya, and am not taking any shots at you with this posting. I just had my funny-bone tickled in a strange way and couldn't resist.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom