Better N Peanut Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I picked a jar of this stuff up over the weekend and I just got around to trying it. It is darn good and 85% less fat than regular peanut butter! I got the low sodium version. Only 100 calories for 2 tablespoons.

I am currently on WW and this stuff tastes very peanuty for very low calories.
moz-screenshot-5.jpg

Attachments

• lowSodiumJar.jpg
    lowSodiumJar.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 248
It is made of peanuts that are ground up and de-fatted.

Here is the ingredients list (I cut and pasted it from their website)
Better 'n Peanut Butter

Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

From the company's website:
Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

I love better n peanut butter:w00t2:
I also do weight watchers, but lately i have been doing the calorie counting thing. Hows ww doing for u?

fwiw, that phrase "natural food flavors" can hide a lot of ingredients that many folks either can't or don't want to eat.

My favorite peanut butter is just plain ground peanuts. No added anything. I might buy a tiny container once every couple of months and splurge on a pbj sandwich on my favorite whole wheat bread. Not for me that phony stuff... :ermm:

My grandson has type I diabetes, and the doctor told my daughter that he could have the all natural peanut butter. I bought him some (he likes crunchy style) and it is delicious.

My problem with peanut butter is that I have to have grape jelly with it. :ermm:

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but I don't think that this would be a low glycemic load food for diabetics. Dehydrated/evaporated cane juice is similar to refined cane sugar, IIRC.

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but I don't think that this would be a low glycemic load food for diabetics. Dehydrated/evaporated cane juice is similar to refined cane sugar, IIRC.

The OP is going to weight watcher's and isn't diabetic, I don't think. The person who said their grandson has Type 1 Diabetes eats natural peanut butter, not the same as what the OP posted. Is that what you were concerned with? The person who mentioned diabetes? I fully agree, but, I don't think this is what they use.

I actually found this in Walgreens not too long ago and bought it. It is actually quite good,...more candy-ish than regular PB, but still darned good. And if I eat the whole jar, I will have only consumed 5000 as opposed to 10000 calories :)

I actually found this in Walgreens not too long ago and bought it. It is actually quite good,...more candy-ish than regular PB, but still darned good. And if I eat the whole jar, I will have only consumed 5000 as opposed to 10000 calories :)

candy-ish? like reese's cups?

^I think it is sweeter...with a more caramelly texture...

I feel like regular peanut butter is a cross between sweet and salty/savory but Better N peanut butter is deifnitely sweet.

By the way, I have discovered reduced sugar and sugar free jellies. My daughter has tried both with the boy, and says there isn't that much difference in carbs, and the reduced sugar tastes best.

I always stick with the regular, low-fat peanut butter (Jiff, Peter Pan). The phony stuff isn't worth it and never tastes like the real thing to me. There are worse things for you than peanut butter so I'll skimp elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom