Bond. James Bond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cara said:
HI
I can`t believe.... is it the way you act, james? :cool:
But I´m sure.. we will think of you and be with you in the heart...

Hi ............ Cara, You know me better than that, If I was there They would be telling me to take a Break, But I did have you going didn't I....... LOL. LOVE JAMES
:LOL:

Hi all, I agree with you entirely Barbara! Where would DC be with out "our" Maidrite?!

Our weather is the pits here, autumn seems to following the same trend of summer and being very rainy and windy! I wonder what country gets the most rain in the world? Sometimes I honestly wonder if it isn't Ireland!!!

(P.S.
Thank-you soooo much to everyone who has said that they like my new user name, it means a lot to me! Only on this forum would people be so sweet!)

Hi!

Piccolina, I wonder sometimes if I live in the desert:LOL:
We need rain so bad. Our lake is down almost 10 feet. It's really sad looking!! My husband has to mow down at the fish dock:( Hopefully, we'll get the rain that they are promising in the next week and it'll keep going for a while.

Hi Texasgirl,I am sorry to hear that! I wish that could send you some of our rain - you could have it by the ton if that was possible! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get some rain very soon!

I hope we get it. Seems like anytime they say we are going to get rain, it doesn't and when it not suppose to, we get storms. I just hope when it decides to rain, it's not freezing:ohmy:

At least it finally feels like winter. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas time.

HI, I love the fall and autumn holiday season too! Minus perhaps the cost and stress of it, I'd love it if there was a holiday to celebrate every month of the year!

hi!
I don`t want to talk about the weather anymore..
ojoj.gif
I liked the autumn last week.... dry and sunny, warm in the sun but cold everywhere else... but now.... rain.. wind... about 11°C..

Frank and I will go to the chinese restaurant around the corner soon to celebrate his birthday!!! :wub:

Hi ! Cara, Tell Frank Happy Birthday from All of Us at DS. We are so Glad you are Here ! Can I go to Dinner with you too ? :)

Hi all, not to take away from Frank's birthday (happy b-day Frank!), but I'm worried about the bird flu. Now I am not one of those folks who bought into the Y2K thing, I didn't start wearing a mask when SARS hit, etc - but it seems that every day another news report states that it has shown up in another European (or Asian country). Last week DH and I made the choice to stop buying and eating any poultry (farmed or game) to be on the safe side. Tonight he (DH) read on an Italian news site (I think) that it is being recommened by experts in Brussels that the consumption of eggs stops too! I'm usually the first one to say "relax, no worries", but this time I am worried because it is showing up so close to Ireland....Guess I'm just wondering how everyone else is feeling about this issue....

Hi! Piccolina, I can understand your worry, if the news is so full of it. There isn't much talk of it over here, but it is usually just a matter of time before things trickle from one continent to another. If I come across anything that might ease your mind, I'll let you know.

:) Barbara

Hi Barbara, you're a sweetie! Yes, I'll admit I'm following this story like a hawk (okay, lame pun I know).

On what I consider a cheerier note there is now less than 2 months until Christmas day! I feel festive already (lol, I even bought my Christmas cards yesterday).

Hi!

I haven't bought them yet, but, I am getting some cards that is giving donations for each box ordered to the Humane Society. It sooooo cute, it has a puppy asleep in a sleigh with santa suit and 4 puppies asleep on the floor with reighndeer antlers on the floor, it looks like they were pulling the sleigh and just got too tired:) DH wants regular cards, not me, I never want regular:LOL:
I'm ready to decorate and be with family, but, I'm not ready to spend money on people that we only see at Christmas. It's not family members that live miles and miles away, it's bil and his family that are only about 30 - 45 minutes away and just never come out to ours or mil's house. They don't call unless they need help with something either.
Oh well, we do the white elephant presents anyway,so, I guess it doesn't matter. That game is so much fun. We don't do gag gifts, so, everyone leaves with something useful or nice.

hi!
back to bird flu: I think it`s pushed up a lot in the media.. There are very few people who died of bird flu in asia (63), if you think about the amount of people dying in car crashes every day.. you don't stop driving, don't you? I coul imagine that some pharma companies push that extremely, does anyknow about the hoffmann-la roche share in the last weeks?
At the teh of the chinese restaurant we went yesterday evening there was a paper, saying they would not have chicken or duck from asia but chicken from Frankonia/ germany and ducks from spain. We ask the owner and he told us, people were concerned about getting ill...
if the poultry`s meat is completly heated throught there is almost no chance to catch the virus... and teh same with eggs...
we ourselves won`t stop eating poultry, even if the flu finally reaches Germany. They had in fact some suspected cases, but it wasn`t bird flu.
The greatest danger is for the farmers, if they get the flu inside their chicken farms it would be a great economic loss, which some of them won`t survive...

*huh* that was a lot :rolleyes:

Hi! We have a lot of chicken farms around here (at least 2 major chicken and turkey processing plants in the area). I sure hope the bird flu dies out soon. In the meantime, I haven't changed any of my buying habits, and I make sure I cook my chicken thoroughly.

Now for a more pleasant subject, is everyone ready for all the up-coming holidays?

hi!
there are no holidays in germany... :( I want to go to the INFA, a consumer fair, today.. haven`t been there since I was a small kid.. nothing elseto tell.. weather is still just great warm and sunny, I hope that will last for a few days ;o))

Hi! No Christmas in Germany? LOL I guess Christmas seems closer here because we still have Thanksgiving in the middle between Halloween and Christmas.

ah!!
christmas... it`s still soooo long to go until christmas... and with our summerly temperatures here I feel much less than christmas... and there are so many things to do until christmas is here, I don't share a thought yet ;o)

Piccolina said:
Hi all,

not to take away from Frank's birthday (happy b-day Frank!), but I'm worried about the bird flu. Now I am not one of those folks who bought into the Y2K thing, I didn't start wearing a mask when SARS hit, etc - but it seems that every day another news report states that it has shown up in another European (or Asian country). Last week DH and I made the choice to stop buying and eating any poultry (farmed or game) to be on the safe side. Tonight he (DH) read on an Italian news site (I think) that it is being recommened by experts in Brussels that the consumption of eggs stops too! I'm usually the first one to say "relax, no worries", but this time I am worried because it is showing up so close to Ireland....Guess I'm just wondering how everyone else is feeling about this issue....
Hi They are more worried about it becoming airborne, But If we have a really Hard and snow winter around the world it will kill they virus, Thats what Doctors hope for in the Flu season the colder it get , The less Flu goes around ! So heres to a Cold and Snowy Winter " Christmas" and a great year on DS ! :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom