Cast Iron Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I figured. Did you bake in CI? What size?
As you can see in my last pic,they were in a 1" shallow CI pan. You can still use your 10" pan since the only difference is your cutting the dough into 16 pcs instead of 8.

As you can see in my last pic,they were in a 1" shallow CI pan. You can still use your 10" pan since the only difference is your cutting the dough into 16 pcs instead of 8.

My initial thought was to go to 12 pieces until I saw your picture.

I actually froze some of these rolls from my first batch. They could be a quick option for bread in a pinch.

UPDATE: I am in the midst of making these rolls again. They have become a favorite with my daughters. I'm under orders to make these every time for dinner.

Andy I make the often too, here I stuffed them with bacon. I'll be making them today as well.

img_1416534_0_a4a05b9afd8fbf9257df21a0bd0b5d68.jpg
img_1416534_1_37c5127e204ada801d7e10cace32e07d.jpg

Has anyone tried this and substituted a different liquid for the beer? We don't buy beer very often and I would like to try this soon.

Talking with one of my daughters in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner, she commented: "Don't ruin the holiday by forgetting the rolls."!

Talking with one of my daughters in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner, she commented: "Don't ruin the holiday by forgetting the rolls."!

Well, you have your orders! Will you need a reminder? I can set my calendar for the day before to remind you. Just make sure you make plenty for everyone.

Well, you have your orders! Will you need a reminder? I can set my calendar for the day before to remind you. Just make sure you make plenty for everyone.

Thanks Addie, I'm all set.

I make more smaller rolls for the recipe. I'm not a fan of bread with dinner in most cases. We end up sending the leftover rolls home with my daughter(s).

Thanks Addie, I'm all set.

I make more smaller rolls for the recipe. I'm not a fan of bread with dinner in most cases. We end up sending the leftover rolls home with my daughter(s).

You want my PO Box? I know what to do with extra bread...

Back
Top Bottom