Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But... you still get your Sunday family dinners don't ya?? I hope so. They sound like the perfect way to spend time and spread love around.
Yes, I am able to keep up our sunday dinner, and both my girls have jumped in and are larning to make appy's and salads and desserts, it is now a combined effort and let's me spend extra time just watching the babies play and holding any who just want to sit a spell:)

kades

Kadesma - enjoy all you have got & I hope you can look after them again. It is so great for children to have their grandma easily accesible. I regret so much that my mum died when Nicholas (her only grandchild at that point) was 1. They and she have missed so much.
Thank you Miniman,
I don't mean to complain, I've been oh so lucky with getting to watch my little ones..It was hard though to admit I was Ill and having to stop watching them hurt like crazy, but I do see them every sunday, so I'm still very lucky..I'm doing so much better now that I'm hoping to take them back several days a week soon and can hardly wait..It's been hard not having them with me, but, the hugs and kisses on sundays keep me going til summer gets here and they are mine again:LOL: I hope little Nicholas knows about his Ma...We, love those little ones more than you can imagine...Give him a hug from this ma..Please
kadesma

Today I am celebrating getting out of the hospital (again), this time for pneumonia.
Tomorrow I am celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary.
Woo hoo!

Congrats Mav I hope you can manage to stay outta the joint awhile!!!

And congrats on the anniversary too! 13 is alot of years these days!!!

Congratulations on the anniversary Buddy! I'm glad you are out of the hospital, and I hope you are done with that place for a long time.

I am celebrating my wonderful vacation and time with my daughter and grandkids. Andrew turned 10 last Saturday, and I was here for that. I also got to see him play baseball for the first time. They and the other team were both undefeated, and Andrew's team lost, unfortunately, but Andrew did a great job, and the game was very close (7-8).

Hannah (6 3/4) learned to ride a bike today! She was very intimidated at first, but my dad helped her and now she is riding very well.

I miss James very much (and will miss our 5th anniversary this Friday), but I am not looking forward to leaving next Wednesday. In the meantime, I am enjoying my grandkids, daughter, sister, and dad as much as possible.

:)Barbara

So glad you're home and still married, Buddy! (If you forget to buy your wife a gift next year, just run out for roses instead of trying to pull the old "in the hospital for pneumonia" thing!)

Cool, don't forget to remind DW next year!;)

Believe it or not, I am the one always reminding her of our anniversary date!:LOL:
Isn't that a switch?

Cool, don't forget to remind DW next year!;)

Believe it or not, I am the one always reminding her of our anniversary date!:LOL:
Isn't that a switch?
Wow, talk about role-reversal! In my family, I am the keeper of the vital information. Heck, I have to remind some of them when their birthday is coming up and how old they will be! (I've been known to screw with them on the age thing from time to time.:devilish:)

Yea, I get to take care of my little Olivia today.I'm so excited..The sun is out and we will spend the time on the swings and slide and sand box..It's been so long since I've had one to hold and hug and play with, just me and them...Selfish I know, but oh do I need this. So, YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE:LOL:
kades

Once in awhile, it happens that I get to the end of laundry day and all the socks matched, no strays left over. Ah, makes my day every time. It actually just happened last week. :)

Once in awhile, it happens that I get to the end of laundry day and all the socks matched, no strays left over. Ah, makes my day every time. It actually just happened last week. :)

That is indeed a matter for celebration. How did you do it? Any tricks? I have a perennial pile of odd socks that never match. The only trouble is if I throw them away, the other one suddenly turns up.

I've kind of been sitting on this celebration for a couple days. Obviously winning a house was a celebration moment, but I posted that separately because it just didn't seem right for this thread. Winning a house (which we will very likely sell because we need the money) was great, but it brought something else about, and that is what I am celebrating right now.

I moved from California to South Carolina in October 1996. My daughter Nancy was a senior in high school, and I was moving to a tiny town that had nothing to offer her (she had lived in the same home since age 4 months--we lived with my mom and dad after my divorce), so we all felt it was best that she stay there. I really missed her and my whole family, and having my mom die four years later didn't help any. I'll come back to this later.

I called Nancy right after the hockey game/house win Friday night. It was so late that I didn't call my dad because I wasn't sure if he would be up. I told her it was okay for her to tell him. Nancy and I talked Saturday, and what she told me surprised me so much. She said my dad told her that he was really proud of me and that (please don't think I'm saying these things about me--my dad said them) I have worked so hard for so long and have had such faith in God, and that I really deserved this break. There was more, but I can't remember it all (James probably remembers it all word-for-word). I told Nancy (going back to what I said earlier) that I always figured my dad probably thought I had abandoned my family. Sunday, when I talked to my dad, he repeated some of these things to me. I can't tell you how much that touched me. I'm crying now just writing this. I won a house--big deal. My dad is proud of me and doesn't think I'm a loser. That is worth celebrating.

Gosh it has been a while, I really had to hunt to find this thread again.

Dw got back form her week long course yesterday and now fully certified in Windows 2003, she now has a string of MC.. letters she can use. She also can out after all the exams with the highest average scores that her trainer had ever seen - the trainer was very complimentary.

I've kind of been sitting on this celebration for a couple days. Obviously winning a house was a celebration moment, but I posted that separately because it just didn't seem right for this thread. Winning a house (which we will very likely sell because we need the money) was great, but it brought something else about, and that is what I am celebrating right now.

I moved from California to South Carolina in October 1996. My daughter Nancy was a senior in high school, and I was moving to a tiny town that had nothing to offer her (she had lived in the same home since age 4 months--we lived with my mom and dad after my divorce), so we all felt it was best that she stay there. I really missed her and my whole family, and having my mom die four years later didn't help any. I'll come back to this later.

I called Nancy right after the hockey game/house win Friday night. It was so late that I didn't call my dad because I wasn't sure if he would be up. I told her it was okay for her to tell him. Nancy and I talked Saturday, and what she told me surprised me so much. She said my dad told her that he was really proud of me and that (please don't think I'm saying these things about me--my dad said them) I have worked so hard for so long and have had such faith in God, and that I really deserved this break. There was more, but I can't remember it all (James probably remembers it all word-for-word). I told Nancy (going back to what I said earlier) that I always figured my dad probably thought I had abandoned my family. Sunday, when I talked to my dad, he repeated some of these things to me. I can't tell you how much that touched me. I'm crying now just writing this. I won a house--big deal. My dad is proud of me and doesn't think I'm a loser. That is worth celebrating.

I miss these thread a lot, so this is late...

That is something to celebrate, it is soo cool when a parent is proud of you and a wonderful feeling! I make sure to let my kids know I am proud of them as often as possible.

...I make sure to let my kids know I am proud of them as often as possible.
That is great! A lot of people don't realize how much that can affect kids. Even though I'm sure James's dad was proud of him and probably showed it other ways (I hope so anyway), James can't recall his dad ever saying, "I'm proud of you." To this day it hurts. Some people don't need to be reassured with words. His dad was probably that type. Some really do need that though.

So, keep on letting your kids know how proud you are of them (through words and actions). They will definitey benefit from it.

Back
Top Bottom