Check out my tomater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL. There's a bunch more that need a few more days though. One in particular, I have my eye on. I even told the DW not to touch it. LOL

Just kosher salt. Maybe cut up some fresh mozzarella and basil.

Those are the 4 low voltage lights above my island. LOL

img_651813_0_91b3324c74842dfe95b4680cce8f3931.jpg

Wow! your island is even more impressive than your tomater.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Nice breakfast bar/prep area. Did you build it? It looks like a bar was built on top of some antique cabinetry.

We don't eat breakfast, but cheese, crackers and wine go down good there. ;)

That sure is a nice piece of cabinetry. What is the counter made of? Is that a butcher block prep area? I sure love looking at other people's kitchens.

The front of the cabinet area was from a matching cabinet on another wall in the kitchen. I took the face frame and doors off an built the rest of the island myself. The carcas is oak veneered plywood. The top is a plywood base with black absolute 18" tiles and a laminated solid oak border. (bent by yours truly). The butcher block top was rough sawn rock maple that I milled down into 1 3/4" strips then glued together. The maple was bought in 2 pieces: 10" wide x 2 1/4" thick by 10' long. The work surface is 2' x 4' so there's plenty of room.

y Uncle gave me the old school stools that go perfectly with the rest of the kitchen (in an eclectic way).

Oh yeah....I ate the tomater (half anyway - lol) with some fresh mozzarella and basil. What a treat! I love how the beefsteaks are so fleshy. I told the DW that if I had some toast, it could easily be dinner.

Oh yeah....I ate the tomater (half anyway - lol) with some fresh mozzarella and basil. What a treat! I love how the beefsteaks are so fleshy. I told the DW that if I had some toast, it could easily be dinner.

gone, huh? just like that?

but the pain and envy remain....

I have some hawaiian black lava sea salt that is just dying to be friends with that tomato.

would your hawaiian black lava sea salt like to be a world traveler? You can send it here........:LOL: and I would put it on everything!!!! Esp. after discovering that I was low in sodium in my blood (is that possible in an American diet????) but all is well now.....I had cut way back on the sodium and was prescribed a diuretic........have your blood checked periodically , guys....the combo of my imposed low sodium diet and diuretic had my Dr. who is usually so laid back scared..........his reaction scared me.............a week of eating extra sodium (yeacch!!!! and going off the diuretic had everything back to normal) I still find it difficult to eat salty foods......yechhhhhhh.

Okay Jeekins, you have the big juicy gorgeous tomato, the nice friendly spaniel, the wonderful cabinetry, but tell me.....have you ever had a happy face pepper? (no it wasn't photoshopped, I actually cut it open to find this little sunny face smiling at me!) Alas, there was no happy ending with fresh mozzarella and basil.....it ended up in my gaspacho with the other ordinary peppers!

Attachments

• happyfacepepper.jpg
    happyfacepepper.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 174
thats a beauty jeeks have a bunch about to be ready in my community plot. The harvest from my container garden at home has been sad but the few I have plucked have been so tasty comparted to the mealy supermaket garbage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom