Chicken and Artichoke Bread Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE BREAD SALAD
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rue de L’Espoir, Providence[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 pound plum tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 16-ounce can artichoke hearts
1 clove or more garlic, minced
salt, pepper and oregano to taste
1/2 loaf ciabatta bread (or other crusty bread)
1/4 cup olive oil
salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary and thyme, to taste
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 16-ounce can black olives, sliced
1 bunch fresh asparagus, blanched and cut into 1-inch pieces[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preheat oven to 200 F. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Slice tomatoes, toss with enough olive oil to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a cookie sheet and slow roast for 4 hours.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro. Add chicken breasts to mixture; stir to coat.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preheat oven to 375°. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roast chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Cube the cooked chicken. T[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]oss artichoke hearts in enough olive oil to coat. Add garlic, salt, pepper and oregano to taste and toss again.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Set oven to 400°. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and shredded cheese. Spread on a cookie sheet and cook until golden brown, tossing periodically.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken, artichoke hearts, olives, asparagus, roasted tomatoes and bread together.[/font]

*Or use seasoned croutons of choice

Mish.. before adding the bread is this a saucy dish? Lots of liquid?
If so, I"m thinking it would taste great over some pasta.

What a yummy idea, pds, re adding to pasta. Thank you! You don't have to roast the tomatoes with the oil. I always adjust the recipe to my tastes. If you don't like adding the oil to the chicken, that would sound okay with me. I love lemon juice and herbs. Just so the dish doesn't dry out when cooking.

Last edited:
Nice on Mish,

think my family will really like this...Thanks..
kadesma:)

That looks wonderful. I love roasted tomatoes. I'm not fond of cilantro, so I'll use basil.
This will go on next weeks menu...many thanks!

Hey, what about tossing all that stuff EXCEPT the bread together and serving it on toast rounds? Mmmmmm....thinking that would be tasty.

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight if a can get out of work early enough. I have been looking for a light recipe like this that is different than the everyday green salad and I need to trim my rosemary anyways. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom