Chicken Chronicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
Too bad she didn't run toward you! You could have gotten her a hat and sweater set. Then she'd never leave!:)

ROFL! True, dat!

That's what Rocky gets for shaking his tail feathers.:LOL:

As for the food supply...homemade vittles and chopped snake...who could want more?:rolleyes:

I counted the RIRs twice when I got back to the farm today--no refugee chicken...thinking a breadcrumb trail from the end of the driveway to the barn might do the trick...and, with a hat and coat waiting for her, how could she not want to claim refugee status?

PrincessFiona60 said:
When do the girls make the move? And do you have enough seat belts for them?

I think it's car seats if they're under a certain weight/age.

When do the girls make the move? And do you have enough seat belts for them?
Flooring is going in and some dry wall stuff being done. I am thinking mid-May. The plan is that they will travel in several Vari kennels--not enough seatbelts. Although Harriet and Myrtle might get to ride shotgun.

Flooring is going in and some dry wall stuff being done. I am thinking mid-May. The plan is that they will travel in several Vari kennels--not enough seatbelts. Although Harriet and Myrtle might get to ride shotgun.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

My screen has never been cleaner!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CWS: Don't make me stop this car! I'll give you something to cluck about!

Girls: <chortle>

Last edited:
I just found this thread and have read it top to bottom with many laughs.

Regarding the pigs and having to feed them.... I have a 94 year old patient at work with a bit of dementia. She tells me everyday at least twice that she will eat anything but pork because a pig will eat anything and they are nasty!

@ Addie.. your elastic band story was hilarious!

@ CWS... I have truly enjoyed your chicken chronicles, I can just picture you singing songs, knitting sweaters, cleaning chicken poo from diapies, tearing your hair out when they destroyed your garden :ohmy: and (I believe it was Margi who suggested the childrens book) Great great idea!

For the rest of you, your comments in between the story.... :LOL: such great humor.

I have to agree with you Merlot. This thread is hilarious. Between "Today's Funny" and "The Chicken Chronicles", the folks here definitely have a great sense of humor.

I once read an article that stated, "People who have a sense of humor, have more intellingence than the average person. The greater the sense of humor, the more intelligent." So it looks like we have some very brilliant, Mensa qualifying people here. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just found this thread and have read it top to bottom with many laughs.

Regarding the pigs and having to feed them.... I have a 94 year old patient at work with a bit of dementia. She tells me everyday at least twice that she will eat anything but pork because a pig will eat anything and they are nasty!

My late mother (would have been about 94 by now) refused to eat cucumbers -- said that was the only thing her pig wouldn't eat, and if even a pig wouldn't eat it, she sure wan't going to. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My late mother (would have been about 94 by now) refused to eat cucumbers -- said that was the only thing her pig wouldn't eat, and if even a pig wouldn't eat it, she sure wan't going to. :D
I like that rule, except, if applied to chickens and what they eat, I'd have to eat SNAKE! The girls claim it tastes like chicken and they don't like the aftertaste it leaves in their mouths...they go to the waterer and guzzle after a bit of snake...reminds me of reaction when eating smoked eel...only it was beer that worked to wash it down...

Gotta love chickens! This morning I moved them from working the weeds, thatch, etc., along the fence line to cleaning up the weeds by the barn. They were tripping over each other in their haste to get to work. This "target feeding" technique is working well for clearing up the dead grass, etc., along the fences! I can hardly wait to move them to the other house...I have plans for where they can clean up some of the thatch, etc. (Just might not have to wield the weedwhacker with chickens in residence!) And, with the deck and french doors, I imagine they will hang out on the deck, spy on me in the house through the doors all the while while trying to figure out how to get in the Big Chicken's house...

Myrtle: I know there's a way in. Let me look at this.
Harriet: Hurry up! There's bread on the counter! I want bread!!!!
Myrtle: Shut up. I can't do the calculations of how to fly from the picnic table to the door handle and which direction to turn it with all your clucking...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom