Chicken Pot Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, it took me two weeks but I finally made it. Thought I'd share some pictures. I'm not a big fan of peas, so I put in fresh corn instead and added extra parm on the crust. yum. In my opinion, pot pie is one of those dishes that tastes better the second day.

Attachments

• potpie1.jpg
    potpie1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 229
  • potpie2.jpg
    potpie2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 221
Idea for a pot-pie top crust; make the filling and bottom pastry crust as you always do. But for the top, coarsely grate some peeled spuds and generously sprinkle over the top. Season with S&P or seaoning salt, or whatever you like. Bake until done and then spread a bit of butter over the top. Broil to crisp and brown the potatoes. You could even sprinkle fresh grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese over the top just before serving.

I've eaten too many spuds lately (mashed potatoes with fried chicken for supper last night) and have to watch my carbs again, or I'd try this tonight.

I printed this out to make also. I've never put potatoes in my pot pies, but this would be a heartier dish. I also use only a top crust. The only kind we like are homemade.

corazon90 said:
well, it took me two weeks but I finally made it. Thought I'd share some pictures. I'm not a big fan of peas, so I put in fresh corn instead and added extra parm on the crust. yum. In my opinion, pot pie is one of those dishes that tastes better the second day.
Looks yummy, I like the idea of corn for a change from peas...Thanks for posting the pictures they are great looking.
kadesma:)

I always add potatoes and corn along with peas, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onions and garlic to my pot pies. I do this for all, chicken, beef, turkey, pork, or fish pot pies. They freeze really well too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom