Cleaning a juicer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
How does one get the stains out of the plastic pieces of a juicer? Also the metal spinning blade with lots of surface area. Is there a good solution to soak the parts in?

It's been nearly 50 years since I had a juicer. Yes, carrots will stain them. I don't remember juicing beets, but we juiced pounds of carrots every week. I don't remember the blade. I think ours had some sort of grater, rather than a blade. We just washed the parts in water with regular dishwashing detergent. It's the kind of thing you need to wash promptly. You don't want little bits of food getting dried on. Gotta say, that carrot juice was wonderful and carrot - apple was even better.

Beet, nutmeg, milk. Fantastic. Very refreshing. Like taxy, more than 50 years ago. Also ot was a shame people didn't quite understand the importance of fibre in their diets. Not that the pure juice wasn't good for you, but including the fibre is too.
All was great until unfortunately my stomach would not allow raw juices anymore.

Beet, nutmeg, milk. Fantastic. Very refreshing. Like taxy, more than 50 years ago. Also ot was a shame people didn't quite understand the importance of fibre in their diets. Not that the pure juice wasn't good for you, but including the fibre is too.
All was great until unfortunately my stomach would not allow raw juices anymore.
I was skeptical about that at the time - the taking out of almost all the fibre. But, I consoled myself with the fact that it was still a lot healthier than Coca Cola. I was still a Coke drinker back then and trying to cut that out. It was also a very tasty way to entice people to think about eating healthy.

How does one get the stains out of the plastic pieces of a juicer? Also the metal spinning blade with lots of surface area. Is there a good solution to soak the parts in?
To remove stains from your juicer's plastic parts, soak them in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water for 30 minutes to an hour. Then gently scrub the stains with a soft brush or sponge, rinse, and dry.

For the metal spinning blade, soak it in warm soapy water for 10-15 minutes, scrub it gently, and rinse thoroughly. If stains persist, try a paste of baking soda and water, then rinse and dry.

Back
Top Bottom