Coconut Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copper

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, been a while since I've been around, but now that I'm moved in with my fiancee it's time to get back to lotsa cooking :)

In the meantime, here's a recipe I just came up with out of the blue this afternoon while cooking some burgers (I posted the burger recipe in the better burgers thread in the bbq forum).

For each cup of rice, use: 1 cup coconut milk, 1/2 to 2/3 cup water, 1/2 cup chicken broth and a small dash of butter if you like.

Real simple, though it may require a bit longer to cook than some rice cookers usually allot. Also, you probably will want to turn it a bit just for good measure to fluff the rice nicely.

Either way, it makes some *amazing* rice, a really nice change from the usual. I used it on my burgers (I know, I know) between the burger and some aged gouda -- put a dollop and the gouda on top of the burger for 3-5 minutes on the grill as the burger finishes. Remember to /completely/ cover the rice with the gouda, so a few small slices work better than a single large one. This keeps the rice from getting burnt, but allows it to crisp.

Anyway, if any of you give it a shot, let me know what you think :chef:

I'm not quite ready to put it on my burgers, but the rice does sound interesting. I'll have to try it sometime. Who knows, maybe I'll even try it on a burger. :cool:

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom