Cooks Skin Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We use a goat milk soap too. It's a Canadian made product called Caprina. We came upon it by chance at the local pharmacy and really liked it. We have been using it for years. Now that you bring it to my attention, I realize I haven't had dry skin on my hands for a long time.

I hope you like the soap as much as I do. I'm using lemongrass for my morning shower and the Kool Koala for my evening shower. The Kool Koala has eucalyptus and helps with my hayfever, reducing congestion, so I can sleep at night. My skin has not been dry or itchy for years now. Got my first soaps from GMS from Mom and Dad, found them on facebook and ordered my own. I love their videos about goats, puppies and general farm life.

Thanks for the info PF. I ordered some scraps also along with two soap saver bags. I wish I had read this post before I selected the Almond scent, but someone else was raving about how nice it is. I loved reading about the goats, just about my favorite critter but I'd never be allowed to own one where I live. I'd love to go to one of those goat Yoga places, if I could only hire "Biggie Crane" to go with me.

I'm going to have to ask GMS for a sales commission! Just Kidding, I am so happy others have found the soap and I hope you all like it as much as I do.

https://goatmilkstuff.com/collections/goat-milk-soap/eczema

The best soap out there.

Use less sanitizer, for sure and wash your hands with a good soap, the water does not need to be blazing hot, just warm will do.

I wash my hands constantly, I don't use an antibacterial soap. My hands are soft and no dryness.

With your cracking and very dry skin I would try the Tea Tree Oil soap. The Tea Tree is an antiseptic (not antibiotic). The Purity has no added scent or oils, just plain soap. They have travel bars that are much smaller and cheaper if you want to try it before investing in a large bar. It lasts forever!! They also have some odds and ends bags in most types, even smaller chunks, I keep a bag of that in my purse for handwashing away from home.

I've been using their soap for about 5 years now.

They have scads of scented soaps, that listing was just for the soaps they suggest for eczema.

I hope you like the soap as much as I do. I'm using lemongrass for my morning shower and the Kool Koala for my evening shower. The Kool Koala has eucalyptus and helps with my hayfever, reducing congestion, so I can sleep at night. My skin has not been dry or itchy for years now. Got my first soaps from GMS from Mom and Dad, found them on facebook and ordered my own. I love their videos about goats, puppies and general farm life.

We use a goat milk soap too. It's a Canadian made product called Caprina. We came upon it by chance at the local pharmacy and really liked it. We have been using it for years. Now that you bring it to my attention, I realize I haven't had dry skin on my hands for a long time.

I'm going to have to ask GMS for a sales commission! Just Kidding, I am so happy others have found the soap and I hope you all like it as much as I do.
You should give these posts (and any others that are about this subject) a thread of their own. so people can find the links later.
Just a suggestion.

Thanks again PF. My shipment is expected on Monday 6/6/2020.

PS - I had to make an emergency appointment with dermatologist yesterday for my finger. She gave me an antibiotic ointment and a steroid ointment. My biggest issue is leaving it uncovered. When it is uncovered and dries out it burns like hell fire! So painful. (I go in the bathroom and cry so family doesn't see :() It's my right index finger and I'm a righty so everything I need to do is painful.
When I can't take the pain any more (and at night so I can get a little bit of sleep) I cover it with a loose gauze pad.
I hope that's ok. But I can't take the constant pain. Any other suggestions to help with the pain?

Last edited:
I use coconut oil on my cat scratches and any other wound, like my surgery scar. It helps keep the skin supple and has anti-microbial properties. Otherwise, ask you pharmacist if they carry a Hydrogel dressing, it will keep your finger moist between applications of ointments.

I'll see about a separate thread when I get home from work.

I use coconut oil on my cat scratches and any other wound, like my surgery scar. It helps keep the skin supple and has anti-microbial properties. Otherwise, ask you pharmacist if they carry a Hydrogel dressing, it will keep your finger moist between applications of ointments.

I'll see about a separate thread when I get home from work.
I have natural pure lanolin (solid and liquid). Would that work?

I'm no expert MsM, but I have an over the counter Aloe Gel that contains Lidocaine. The Lidocaine works for the pain with any burns in addition to the Aloe.

It's very useful in the kitchen, and for sunburns. I damaged the skin of my hands cleaning Hatch chili's only once when I didn't wear gloves. The skin pain was horrible, and it gave much relief. You might give it a try.

PS..thanks for moving this PF

Last edited:
I already got my order for the goat milk soap, and the almond scent is delightful. I will order more scents.
I placed my order on Tuesday and received it today also. I agree the almond lotion stick smells wonderful. I haven't used the soap yet.

I will be ordering other scented soaps. Probably the scraps to try (next time they are on sale) before ordering bars.

I placed my order on Tuesday and received it today also. I agree the almond lotion stick smells wonderful. I haven't used the soap yet.

I will be ordering other scented soaps. Probably the scraps to try (next time they are on sale) before ordering bars.

I used the Purity Goat Milk Soap which is very gentile and didn't burn my injured finger.

Hooray!!!

I love that almond lotion stick. It isn't greasy at all. I'll wait to use the Purity scrub and tea tree soaps till finger is healed. I think they may be to harsh just now.

Last edited:
(Site froze up. Glad I took a snapshot. I would've hated to have to type it all again. Ouch)

Finger_070420_1.jpg

finger_061520_5_IMG_6950.JPG

finger_061520_4_IMG_6940.jpg

finger_061520_3_IMG_6954.jpg

finger_061520_2_IMG_6955.jpg

finger_061520_1_IMG_6944.JPG

Wow, MsM, that looks like it was very unpleasant and scary. The after pix are very encouraging. Good to see the improvement. Sending positive vibes for continued, speedy improvement.

Back
Top Bottom