Dare I get a SMEG cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@dragnlaw Why does this thing turn the entire post bold, when only trying to turn one word? Doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally, and not doing anything differently.
I find that it does not do that if you type past the section or word that you want bold and then go back, highlight it and click the "B" for bold. I imagine that when it gets confused, it has done something stupid with the BB code. It probably doesn't add the proper "end bold" part of the code. You could toggle BB code and see if that is the problem. If I'm not in a hurry, I will do that the next time it happens. BTW, "toggle BB code" is an option in that row of options at the top of each post, while you are typing it.

Welcome to my world pepper. My mouse and computer have an off and on relationship. So I scroll with 2 hands, one on the mouse and the second it freezes I give it a push with the touchpad. Only thing that will free it up.
This HP Laptop is a complete lemon. If the screen starts to flicker I have seconds to plug it in before everything completely dies. One of the features of this lemon was a quick start up. Hah! I don't remember when it snuck out the window but I can fetch a cup of coffee, put in the milk, zap in the micro to bring it up to par and walk back to the desk and it is just arriving at the start screen.

All I can suggest is that you are diligent after making the word bold, be sure the 'B' icon is not highlighted when you go on to the next word. I will often highlight a word, look up to the icons and in that split second the rest of the sentence picked up the motion of my hand over the touchpad and POOF - everything changes.

If you purchase a very high end cooker, be sure that your home is capable of supporting its needs and venting. It was rather amusing to watch the utilities company to dig up the street and yard in order to replace the regular gas pipe with an industrial one....only to have the inspector refuse to sanction it until the ventilation was upgraded and the wall was reinforced to resist heat as per code. My friends were not amused at the time..

All of my ovens and ranges have been electric/gas and I think always will be.
I have better control of the temperature on both.
My current setup is a SMEG from about 2011 that came with the house I inherited. I’m planning a complete renovation of the kitchen and will probably go with a separate oven (wall) and larger gas range. I’m hoping to have a high power gas wok burner, but I’m worried about the intensity and heat, so I might just get a stand alone one that I can use outside instead.

Jade, don't remember where I saw it but one kitchen had a separate "room" just for their wok burner, almost like a pantry. Perhaps a corner with reinforced heat panels and extra strong vent would do it for you.
Of course, not sure exactly what your winters are like. Can you still, or would you want to, cook comfortably outside?
You're into winter now right?

Yes, winters can get cold and wet, but it is still relatively temperate. I do have a very large garage that I could use if it was inclement.

Back
Top Bottom