DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
usually by mid-afternoon, i have stopped counting how many coffees i've had. i think most days i average about five cups, though. of course, my 'cups' are those big 16 ounce boys, too. still, that's nothing compared to what they put into those energy drinks like 'five hour' and red bull, today's hot sellers. i drank one a couple of years ago. it tasted like kool aid and near put me to sleep....

this is going to sound nuts, i know, but i am looking for an answer to something even google couldn't help me with. when i try to copy a link on my computer, all i get is the word 'david'. i have attempted to copy a number of different links, carefully pressing the usual keys: CONTROL, COPY, and then CONTROL, V. the result is always simply 'david'. does anyone have an idea for me to try?

this is going to sound nuts, i know, but i am looking for an answer to something even google couldn't help me with. when i try to copy a link on my computer, all i get is the word 'david'. i have attempted to copy a number of different links, carefully pressing the usual keys: CONTROL, COPY, and then CONTROL, V. the result is always simply 'david'. does anyone have an idea for me to try?
Are you using Windows? Which browser?

In FireFox (and I think it works in Chrome too), point at a link with your cursor and right click. A context menu will appear and one of the choices will be "copy link". That should do it.

Are you using Windows? Which browser?

In FireFox (and I think it works in Chrome too), point at a link with your cursor and right click. A context menu will appear and one of the choices will be "copy link". That should do it.

yes, windows 8, and chrome. what is a right click? i don't have a mouse, just a pad on the keyboard. i will try the foxfire browser, though. thanks, taxy.

Last edited:
There should be two buttons on the front of the pad. They work just like mouse buttons.
The two small rectangles at the bottom of the touchpad are the buttons:

20131129_001122.jpg

There should be two buttons on the front of the pad. They work just like mouse buttons.

well, that's news. i was just tapping any old place on the pad....i'm happy to report that 'david' is gone now. a guruaid guy reset my browsers. thanks, taxy, for your help.:)

bye, david. goodnight, mumbai....

well, that's news. i was just tapping any old place on the pad....i'm happy to report that 'david' is gone now. a guruaid guy reset my browsers. thanks, taxy, for your help.:)

bye, david. goodnight, mumbai....
Tapping is like left clicking, but you can't hold the click with a tap, that's the other most common use for the buttons.

Well, I'll be dadgummed. My laptop has those two rectangles on the touchpad! Taxlady -- you're a genius! I use a wireless mouse, but that is incredibly useful information to have for a future Plan B.

No fair snickering, you IT people.

Well, I'll be dadgummed. My laptop has those two rectangles on the touchpad! Taxlady -- you're a genius! I use a wireless mouse, but that is incredibly useful information to have for a future Plan B.

No fair snickering, you IT people.
Glad to be of help.

Back in the 1995, I got my first laptop computer. It didn't have a numeric keypad. Since I enter lots and lots of numbers for my work, I found one that I could attach to the RS232 port. The numeric keypad had a touchpad, since a mouse was usually what went on the RS232 port back then. I made sure there was a way to click with the touchpad, since I wouldn't be able to use my mouse while it was attached. That's why I know about the buttons for clicking when using the touchpad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom