Deep fry help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lagwagon777

Assistant Cook
I am deep frying turkey breast for Thanksgiving. I have all the equipment (fire extinguisher especially), and my question is this. If I am frying two turkey breasts at the same time, will I still calculate the fry time based on the weight of both breasts together? My thinking is that if I increase the cook time, I'll overcook the meat. Please advise as I've never cooked two in one pot.

No. You are cooking two separate pieces of meat, not one larger piece that's twice the size.

Please be careful not to over fill the oil so it won't overflow when you lower in the turkey breasts.

Thank you for your reply. I plan to put the breasts in an empty pot and slowly fill it with water, measuring it as I go so I know how much oil I need. Then let them dry in the fridge for a few days before I cook them.

Thank you for your reply. I plan to put the breasts in an empty pot and slowly fill it with water, measuring it as I go so I know how much oil I need. Then let them dry in the fridge for a few days before I cook them.
I see you're on top of things. I've fried whole turkeys but not breasts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom