Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am up early this morning, because my SO Mark has plans with his motorcycle group(Patriot Guard Riders). He wants scrambled eggs, bacon and toast.
This was Mark's breakfast

img_797767_0_d1f2630b1308195444357952d8d6a199.jpg

Vanilla, I recognize your silverware. It's an old Oneida pattern that was made in the '60s. I used to get it using my Betty Crocker coupon points. Your picture brought back all kinds of nice memories.
Thank you, Katie! I'm glad it brought back some memories. That silverware belonged to my SO's mother. It is very pretty. :)

I am going to make either scrambled eggs with green onion and mushrooms or 2 poached eggs atop sauteed mushrooms/onions over two slices of toasted potato bread. YUM!

I'm stuffed. Made crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs, bagels with cream cheese, grape juice, and hazelnut coffee. This is the first cup of coffee I've had since Buck died last June. We always had coffee with Sunday breakfast. A friend sent me a gift basket this week that included the hazelnut coffee, so I decided to give it a try. Pretty tasty and I have enough left to make a recipe of this delicious devil's food cake. I'll even have some coffee to refrigerate and have tomorrow, plus some to freeze for more cakes.

"nother fruit smoothie, lo cal, low fat, low cholesterol, low taste...........

Whoa! How do you make a low-taste fruit smoothie? Mine are bursting with flavor and are among the favorite treats in our home. I just use great fruits and very little water. The flavors are strong enough that they even hide the flavor of silken tofu, which is added for nutritional value and as a thickener.

If you want, I'll post a recipe. Let me know.

But yesterday (Saturday), we did it up right. I had my adult kids over for a brunch that included sausage gravy and biscuits, scrambled eggs, fried ham, fried potatoes, and hash-browns. And the best part, somehow I made everything without making a huge mess of the kitchen. I'll post the sausage gravy recipe I used as it is somewhat different than the norm, and came out sooooo good.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I made a version of Eggs Benedict this morning:

Buttered toasted multi-grain English muffins
2 poached eggs for me; a small egg-white "omelet" cut in half for spouse
2 thick-cut halved slices of turkey ham
Knorr Hollaindaise sauce mix "tweaked" with some fresh lemon juice
Chopped parsley to garnish

Delicious way to start a cold, raw, snowy Sunday morning!

What, UB? No biscuits? A good friend just gave me some Muscadine jelly she had made and it is so good. We haven't had it on biscuits yet, but I'm sure it can only get better than on toast.

Yogurt and granola and a couple cups of coffee. Now its time to hit the ground running and start chauffeuring the kids around.

What, UB? No biscuits? A good friend just gave me some Muscadine jelly she had made and it is so good. We haven't had it on biscuits yet, but I'm sure it can only get better than on toast.

Biscuits on Sunday Morning....With Country Ham, Red-Eye Gravy, and Grits!
Soft Scrambled eggs are a distinct possibility too!;)

PS Oooooo a Bloody Mary might be in the offering as well......

Back
Top Bottom