Dina's Peach Apple Berry Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
This pie is very light as it doesn't have a lot of sugar. You can actually taste the fruit not the heavy syrup. I incorporated an Italian crostata and Starbuck's Berry Purse and came up with this.

Dina's Peach Apple Berry Pie

1 frozen 9 in deep dish pie shell
2 sliced peaches
2 diced apples (peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes) (I used 1 Gala, 1 Golden Delicious)
1/2 cup fresh or frozen berry medley (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour or white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl, combine all fruit with 4 tablespoons sugar and 4 tablespoons flour. Toss gently. Place fruit in pie shell. In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, oats, butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit to cover completely. Bake for about 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm with whipping cream or ice cream.

Ooo, I have all of that at home right now! I can make it tonight with our Osso Bucco.. mmm.

Oh, wait, I take it back. I don't have oats. Will it work without or is there a substitution?

Ooo, I have all of that at home right now! I can make it tonight with our Osso Bucco.. mmm.

Oh, wait, I take it back. I don't have oats. Will it work without or is there a substitution?

The streusel can be made with only flour, butter and sugar (add the ground cinnamon for flavor). You can substitute the oats for granola, walnuts or almonds if you wish.

The streusel can be made with only flour, butter and sugar (add the ground cinnamon for flavor). You can substitute the oats for granola, walnuts or almonds if you wish.

Great idea. I have some sliced almonds, and some ground almonds. I bet adding a little ground almond wil add nice flavor to the streusel. Thanks for the recipe and the ideas!

Back
Top Bottom