Dinner Thurs. May 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Going to put a beef roast in the oven with carrots / onions, mashed potatoes and gravy. White cake / cherry pie filling dessert.

Last edited:
I'm going to smoke some spareribs. Not sure about the sides, although I usually make potato salad and coleslaw. I have a lot to do today, so I probably won't be making those. I might go buy some (shudder!).

I have a cookbook called easy pasta dinners. I've made this before and it's good. It's called saucy spiced shells. There stuffed with a ground beef mixture. It calls for spagetti sauce....I"m using the last of the homemade pasta sauce I had made a few weeks ago. It consists of green peppers, onion, cinnamon, allspice and other stuff as well. It also calls for jumbo shells and I only have manicotti shells but that's ok. I'll also cook up some rolls to go with it. The only problem is it's suppose to be hot today and by the time night time falls, it will be very warm in the house. My DH doesn't like me cooking when it's too warm. If worse comes to worse...we'll order out I guess. I did make the entire filling for the shells this morning.

legend 018, sounds delicious with the cinnamon and allspice.

I'm making spaghetti and meatballs tonight with garlic bread. 'Gotta have my comfort food, even in the summer. It will be warm here too, so I'm making everything ahead and then just heating it for dinner.

Flourgirl said:
legend 018, sounds delicious with the cinnamon and allspice.

I'm making spaghetti and meatballs tonight with garlic bread. 'Gotta have my comfort food, even in the summer. It will be warm here too, so I'm making everything ahead and then just heating it for dinner.

I'm making it ahead of time too "well I hope 3pm is ahead of time". Won't be serving it until 6pm. I will have to reheat it in the microwave. I can't serve the rolls though. boo hooo and there perfect for this meal. First, I have the kind that you have to take out of the freezer at least 2-3 hours before hand, of which I haven't done yet. and than I would have to turn the oven on again later on. I don't think my DH will like that. So I'm cooking everything now minus the rolls

bought a 2 pound brisket and am soaking my romerkoft (SP?) clay pot in water for several hours now. gonna try that recipe.
so...
brisket
sage stuffing
wonderland spring pea soup
orzo with olive oil, butter and my yards herbs
sliced toms/slices of mozzarella/yard basil with Tuscany balsamic
banana cream pie with whipped cream on top

LEFSElover said:
bought a 2 pound brisket and am soaking my romerkoft (SP?) clay pot in water for several hours now. gonna try that recipe.
so...
brisket
sage stuffing
wonderland spring pea soup
orzo with olive oil, butter and my yards herbs
sliced toms/slices of mozzarella/yard basil with Tuscany balsamic
banana cream pie with whipped cream on top

SOUNDS yummy!!

Sushi & Miso Soup for dinner at our our. Spicy California Rolls, Spicy Scallop Rolls, Dragon Rolls, American Dream Roll. YUM!! I can't wait!!!!

I just polished off the last of the five spice chicken, brown rice with grated carrot, and Asian vegetables, and ate the last piece of apple cranberry cheesecake. Unlike a Mrs Smith's apple pie, a cheesecake can be cut into 12 servings without falling apart.

Tonight sloppy joes (veggie ground of course)
corn on the cob (saw them at the store and decided it would be fun to try them this early)
lemonade (i'm making it again, It is sooo good!!!:chef:)

Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes, broccoli and strawberry cake for the sweet ending! I wish I had thought of something else since it is very warm here. Oh well...

elaine l said:
Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes, broccoli and strawberry cake for the sweet ending! I wish I had thought of something else since it is very warm here. Oh well...

I hear ya. I'm in NH. I ended up baking meat stuffed manicoti's early so the house wasn't too warm late in the day. HOwever, I can't cook yummy rolls and I'm definetely not turning the oven back on.

The stuffed manicoti's were good. It would of been better if I just had a little more pasta sauce. Was on the low end. But still very yummy!!!!! I miss my rolls though...he he.

The spareribs ought to be done in minutes. I've got some baked beans going, and PeppA made a salad.

I saw corn on the cob has come down from $0.50/ea to $0.33/ea. I might have to get some, but, the price ought to bottom out in a few weeks, then it'll be 8 ears / $1.

I just made a phenomenal sauce, spicy ginger-mango gastrique. I had it with salmon, and also some black beans. I made a lot of this sauce so I'm eager to try it on all sorts of things, I think it will be really great on pork. The sweet gets you first, then the tangy from the rice wine vinegar, and then the ginger and cayenne finish with a nice little pop. It's so wonderful. Gotta say, I'm eager to explore the world of gastrique now...

tonight we had broiled loin lamb chops with garlic and rosemary, couscous with broth, parsley and hot sauce, anf peas with mint and butter. Simple quick but so good!

college_cook said:
I just made a phenomenal sauce, spicy ginger-mango gastrique. I had it with salmon, and also some black beans. I made a lot of this sauce so I'm eager to try it on all sorts of things, I think it will be really great on pork. The sweet gets you first, then the tangy from the rice wine vinegar, and then the ginger and cayenne finish with a nice little pop. It's so wonderful. Gotta say, I'm eager to explore the world of gastrique now...

gosh it sounds good!!:chef: you should post it!

I made Sushi for the first time! California Roll with Imitation crab and Baby Cucumbers. The sushi rice was sticky, made earlier (around 3:45 in the afternoon) and I just ate a late dinner at 10. The cool rice was sticky and delicious, I ate the leftover rice on the side with soy.
I also made my own wasabi, so easy, but i feel accomplished!
I made 2 rolls, (approx. 15 large pieces!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom