Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been making myself a big icecream cone with strawberry frozen yogurt every day. It's one of the few things thta sounds good to me. That and oatmeal (no, not together!). Just don't talk about veggies around me yet :sick: . It's ironic because normally I go nuts for veggies and salad.

black marble sounds nice-

Hey, Crewsk, is there any pie left? I'd love a slice, warmed with vanilla ice cream on it!

and PA - when I was pregnant with boy #1, I ate creamed chip beef over toast 5 days a week for 3 months! (Bang, don't you have a good recipe for that on the other site?)

During that pregnancy I also drank (brace yourselves ladies) 8 glasses of whole milk per day. I couldn't keep away from it. When I went to the OB/GYN, and his nurse had weighed me, he looked me right in the eye and said, "Ma'am, you are fat. This weight is not from the baby, it's from your inability to stay away from whole milk. I am insisting that you start drinking non-fat as of today" (to which I replied "have you TASTED that stuff? It's awful!") "Ma'am, have you ever tried powdered? It's worse. You'll do fine with skim"

I did gain 40 pounds with each boy, but thankfully was able to take it off within 3 months each time. (may have been sooner, had it not been for the c-sections)

this is why it's good this is a message board and not a phone line - I talk too much at times, and I'm afraid nobody would get a word in edgewise!
(someday when we're slow I'll tell you guys how I got on Wheel of Fortune)

jkath said:
this is why it's good this is a message board and not a phone line - I talk too much at times, and I'm afraid nobody would get a word in edgewise!
(someday when we're slow I'll tell you guys how I got on Wheel of Fortune)
Don't wait till we are slow. I would love to hear that story!

Thanks, Thier!
and GB!

you guys sure know how to make a girl feel welcomed!
okay, here goes:

I saw a listing in the LA times for "best friends week" on the Wheel. So, like any normal person, I called my most intelligent friend. She'd also been my roommate until I was married. I convinced her that it would enhance her acting skills (she was into theater), and away went the application.
One thing that was asked on the app was "what is something unique about you?"
I couldn't think of anything, so intelligent friend reminds me I was married after only knowing the guy 14 days. "oh yeah", I said, "I'd forgotten about that"...

so, we were approved and went to the auditions. It was like a convention for those people that other people like to people-watch. My favorite set of "friends" was a young (I'd say 25) hairdresser and his friend, an 86 year old woman with a walker. There were also folks that scared me ("they'd better put me on that *&@! show or I'll kick the $#^&* out of them!), and folks who were more monatoned than Ben Stein.

so, here comes the naturally caffeinated jkath and itelli-friend. Yes! we can clap! and we can say our answers really really loud! and we can clap some more! (do you know they teach you how to clap? Apparently I graduated from the Wheel school of Clapping.

So we go on the show. Talk about intimidating! There's no such things as a "do-over", unless you're Pat. (who by the way was quite nice) or Vanna (who had made home made gooseberry pies for the whole cast and crew and was also very nice).

So, Pat, with his cuecard in hand that tells him what to say, says "so, I hear you had a whirlwind relationship?" and somehow as I was explaining how I was now married and wasn't living with her (the intellifriend) anymore, it sounded as though I was "with" her first! Pat laughed pretty loud. Pat, the man who shares my polish heritage was laughing at a fellow pole.

They aired that episode on Thanksgiving that year. For about 3 years I was stopped by barely-even-know-you acquaintences with "OMG! you were on wheel! you made pat laugh!"

yep, that's me.

we did! However, we were not the winners...and we didn't come in second either...:ermm:

But, after taxes (they took out something like 39% immediately from those who'd won cash) we did come in second.
We each got a $500 espresso maker (which I donated to an auction for our local MOPS group), 12 ($75 each!:LOL: )artisan designed espresso cups with saucers (the ugliest things anyone's ever seen, thus they were a hit on ebay), a really comfy la-z boy recliner (I got both, since her house was decorated in victorian...hey I'm selling 'em now - any takers?) and then some little things, oh, and I let her have the years' supplies of centrum and the like:-p

If they come with Jkath then I'll buy em! :)

Bang thats AWSOME!!!!! Exactly what we need! Great idea!!!!

Everyone!!! Listen up! We have a party of 40 coming in in 2 hours. :shock: The Polish / Mexican Turtle Catchers forum are celebrating their catch of a giant snapper!!!! We have to prepare the dinning room!!! *getting apron*

(unless of course, the snapper is giant enough to feed 40)

I'm just thinking of those that love to fish/catch but hate to eat it!

<<going into salsa garden, picking jalepenos, onions, tomatoes and cilantro>>

<<Going up the ladder under the avocado tree.
Balancing bushel basket on hip, picking avos>>

How many should I pick, Sush?

<<finding even more of Ronjohn's special beer>>
ya want one of these too?

okay, then - let's go with a Santa Maria Tri Tip dinner, french bread loaves with butter and pico di gallo, mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and ronjohn's beer

Back
Top Bottom