Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:boxing: Boy, jkath, you are just the most in shape person in the cafe!! Have fun with that new class.

Crewsk, your grandmother sounds like a very precious lady. Do you still have her?

Yesterday, speaking of moms and grandmoms, was a tough one for me, since it was Mother's Day. The priest told us to thank our moms on earth, or in heaven if they were already there. I did okay 'til he said that, and then the tears came. I miss my mother so much. Lots of teardrops on the fiddle while I played the hymns. :(

jkath said:
And Crewsk, feel free to come on over and help me with my front planter - I'm supposed to be working on it this week.

Sure thing jkath! I'll be on the next flight out!:LOL:

Their I am lucky enough to still have my grandma. I love her dearly & every moment I have with her I'm thankful for. She told me yesterday that she's got some more plants rooted for me when I'm ready for them. In a way I know how you feel too. I was doing OK yesterday until our preacher had michrophones set up at the front of the church & gave us a chance to tell our mothers how much they mean to us. I looked over at my dad & he was crying when my mom went down to tell my grandma how special she is. We lost my dads mom when I was in high school & we all still miss her greatly.

Thier - get out your violin! and bring your quartet friends! Quick! We need you!
Okay good - glad everyone is here
{psst....start playing - how about something from Vivaldi's four seasons.....how about Spring?...okay! Go!}

<<beautiful music playing>>

<<jkath unveils the newest part of our cafe, complete with cobblestones, a lovely outdoor fireplace (for warmth and for Alix to fire up the wood-cooked pizzas), lots of ivy climbing up the building, potted plants with many flowers, large ficus trees for shade, the large fountain, full of waterlilies, luminary lanterns swinging in the breeze and tiny white lights strung in the trees.>>

<<flipping the "on" switch>>
<<the fountain starts to trickling, the white lights magically turn on>>

Welcome!
I've made Monte Cristo Sandwiches for everyone, along with Zinfandel spritzers with strawberries.

(would someone please help me name this place?)

HOE? Heaven On Earth? Nope, that might raise a few eyebrows, how about Eden? Taken. Um.....The Arbor?

Pass one of those Monte Cristos my way, I'm starved!

Middie, when I think Sanctuary, I think of "she sells sanctuary" by the cult.
(I'm sure in her you'll find......the sanctuary....)

like "the arbor", but we'll still take some more ideas too

glad you guys like it.
You can thank Sushi for okaying all the goodies &
Bangbang for the use of his contractor & staff too.

It's lovely! I especially love the lights!

I'm playing The Little Rushlight and then we'll do Vivaldi. I'm bringing a small string orchestra for the occasion since we're doing Vivaldi.

For a name...I like "Sanctuary", too. Why let the Cult steal a perfectly lovely word??

I'm still not loving it....
How about "the Garden Room"?

What do you guys think of these beauties? We can make frozen drinks, including my favorite, Mojitos!

Last edited:
The Bower? am I missing something? (need more caffeine, obviously!) is that a coffee pot you have in your hand? May I have a cup or four?

The Glade: An open area in woodland, created by felling trees, which is warmer and brighter than the surrounding woodland and offers ideal condition for many butterflies and wildflowers

Bower: A shaded, leafy recess; an arbor; a leafy, flowery retreat or sleeping place

thier1754 said:
The Glade: An open area in woodland, created by felling trees, which is warmer and brighter than the surrounding woodland and offers ideal condition for many butterflies and wildflowers

Welcome all, to our newest virtual creation,

The Glade

Thank you all for coming to the opening day festivities!

Now I must go busy myself in the kitchen making dinner!
See you all later, and Thier, you found the perfect name!!!!

:clap: :clap: :D I LOOOOOVE it Jkath!!!!! *looking around in amazement* The trees...... the lights..... the beautiful fountain!!!! How relaxing! Everything looks first class. I kinda like the name The Grotto though. The Glade makes me think of the scented spray. :rolleyes: BUT..... this is YOUR part of the Cafe. So you name it what you want. :mrgreen: Im impressed beyond belief. You really put your heart into it. Its a wonderful night. Alas I have just come off of 12 hours of straight work. :online2lo I need to sleep. Wish I could stay out and enjoy it all. Also, some singer called and said hes stopping by tomorrow morning. He knows Kenny Chesny. And Kenny put in a good word! Tim someone...... forgot his name..... *yawn* Im going inside..... having a glass of milk and hitting the sack. Oh yeah...... Jkath I ordered a plaque for your new addition! And your new apron came and is on the *drinking soy milk* loading dock in the back. Hope you like it! Goodnight all! *going into elevator*

Tim... as in McGraw????????? Okay people this one is MINE !!! I hardly got to see Kenny at all. Hey is Heat STILL on that bus ???
Goodnight Sush. Sweet dreams. I'll be turning in soon myself.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
:clap: :clap: :D I LOOOOOVE it Jkath!!!!! *looking around in amazement* The trees...... the lights..... the beautiful fountain!!!! How relaxing! Everything looks first class. I kinda like the name The Grotto though. The Glade makes me think of the scented spray. :rolleyes: BUT..... this is YOUR part of the Cafe. So you name it what you want. :mrgreen: Im impressed beyond belief. You really put your heart into it. Its a wonderful night. Alas I have just come off of 12 hours of straight work. :online2lo I need to sleep. Wish I could stay out and enjoy it all. Also, some singer called and said hes stopping by tomorrow morning. He knows Kenny Chesny. And Kenny put in a good word! Tim someone...... forgot his name..... *yawn* Im going inside..... having a glass of milk and hitting the sack. Oh yeah...... Jkath I ordered a plaque for your new addition! And your new apron came and is on the *drinking soy milk* loading dock in the back. Hope you like it! Goodnight all! *going into elevator*

First, Middie, I just saw on CNN (while I was running 2 miles on the treadmill at the gym) that Kenny got married to Renee Zelwiger (sorry, can't spell that one) today at the Virgin Islands. Apparently they met each other in January during a Tsunami relief thingy.

Sushi - I like the grotto too. Hmmmm I hadn't thought of the room spray until now! oh dear, poor thier, and she put so much thought into it, but I think you are right. The grotto it is.
The Virtual Cafe
Welcomes you to
The Grotto

I love my new apron (*twirling around in it*) I even got matching shoes:

thanks again for all your support and putting up with all my crazy ideas!

I just made some warm cinnamon cocoa and some gingersnaps, if anyone is interested in a night-time snack.

Well, good night all - sweet dreams!

jkath said:
First, Middie, I just saw on CNN (while I was running 2 miles on the treadmill at the gym) that Kenny got married to Renee Zelwiger (sorry, can't spell that one) today at the Virgin Islands. Apparently they met each other in January during a Tsunami relief thingy.

Sushi - I like the grotto too. Hmmmm I hadn't thought of the room spray until now! oh dear, poor thier, and she put so much thought into it, but I think you are right. The grotto it is.
The Virtual Cafe
Welcomes you to
The Grotto

I love my new apron (*twirling around in it*) I even got matching shoes:

thanks again for all your support and putting up with all my crazy ideas!

I just made some warm cinnamon cocoa and some gingersnaps, if anyone is interested in a night-time snack.

Well, good night all - sweet dreams!

Good grief! More shoes! From now on, I'm going to call you Imelda. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom