Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yum! This is exactly what I needed
<<wiping brow>>
good thing I went to the gym today!

Hey, is that salsa I see in the fridge?
<<taking out a large bowl of fresh salsa>>
<<reaching into the big bin and pulling out freshly made tortilla chips>>
I'll go pick a few avos from the tree -
be right back

<<smash smash smash smash smash smash>>
<<adding lemon, lime, salt, tapatio>>
<<smash smash smash smash smash>>

guac's here!

Dig in!

Mojito!

First muddle 2-4 mint sprigs with the juice of 2 limes. (really work them into it till they're toast) Then, add 2-3 oz. light rum and some soda water (to taste) Put in a shaker with ice, and shake away.

Pour into a glass (yes, you want the leaves in the glass - it's fun when you sip 'em up through a straw) and enjoy!

The Wynn in Vegas also makes Pineapple mojitos and the one I really want to try, the Lavendar Mojito.

*Thier peeks out from behind her tasteful etiquette book and eyes the guac.* Any extra for me? I hear it's good for the heart...

Are the underwear boys gone? :ermm: :unsure: (jkath: I know I seem like Mae West, but underneath I'm really the child of the Scottish Lunchroom Lady...:innocent: )

tell me if you like it - it's very refreshing!

My kids are done playing Baseball on their gamecube, so it's time for me to go hang with them before bed :)

Take care and have a fantastic time with your mom and dad!!!

Right about now, I need something simple and tasty. I'm thinking a good liverwurst on whole-wheat toast, with a slice of vine-ripened tomato, some crispy-cold Romaine lettuce, and a slathering of Miracle Whip. For a beverage, how about a good A&W Root Beer float, in an iced mug. Oh, and some quiet conversation, maybe about great rock bands, whose roots were firmly planted in classical, unless of course we're talking "The Alman Brothers", or CCR. I just want to relax. Oh, and throw some breaded onion rings in the fryer too. Thanks.

It's been a long day and tomorrow will be even longer, but more fun, I expect. :)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

jkath said:
Mojito!

First muddle 2-4 mint sprigs with the juice of 2 limes. (really work them into it till they're toast) Then, add 2-3 oz. light rum and some soda water (to taste) Put in a shaker with ice, and shake away.

Pour into a glass (yes, you want the leaves in the glass - it's fun when you sip 'em up through a straw) and enjoy!

The Wynn in Vegas also makes Pineapple mojitos and the one I really want to try, the Lavendar Mojito.

OMG - a mojito is my favorite - you muddle, along with the lime and mint, some sugar. Splenda works well too. Simple syrup is great if you are planning on making a lot - saves a lot of steps. I make my simple syrup with lime zest and mint leaves then strain.

Back
Top Bottom