Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Well, I was thinking about making a big garden in the back. We would have to destroy Doves woodshed though. :rolleyes:
What does everyone think? Is it worth it? If we go forward with it Bang will you supervise building it?
As far as going upwards.... I have to talk to the zoning folks. What did you have in mind Bang?

Workin on a Hops garden right now. Hey what are those funny lookin seeds you brought in.....I hope those are not ....well you know.

Sushi, I'd like to be in charge of the rose garden, a section of the larger garden. We'll need some nice, well rotted compost, some spray to keep the aphids and black spot under control, and an expense account so I can go shopping!

30917f.jpg
This is the first rose on my list: "Nancy Reagan". In case you're not a rose person, roses are usually named after a person, and many prominent women have had a rose named after them. This one is growing in our yard here at home; great scent, pale creamy peach color (lighter than the picture). Roses cost about $15 ea., so I'm going to need at least $150... :)

thier1754 said:
30917f.jpg
This is the first rose on my list: "Nancy Reagan". In case you're not a rose person, roses are usually named after a person, and many prominent women have had a rose named after them. This one is growing in our yard here at home; great scent, pale creamy peach color (lighter than the picture). Roses cost about $15 ea., so I'm going to need at least $150... :)

Big Fists is a big fan of Roses.......he is sending some to Sushi right now....with a.....well lets just call it a suggestion regarding the expansion UP:excl:

30917f.jpg
You got it Thier!!!!!! :mrgreen: I love roses! I think we should plant a few herbs too. :chef:

Thanks, Sushi! I promise to choose carefully and not splurge. Tomorrow, when everybody's around again, you all can feel free to request your favorite rose.

Herbs? How about lavender? It's tough and comes back every year. And rosemary and sage, too. Great when you snip off a few tender sprigs and slip them under the skin of a roasting chicken with a little butter. Yum.

I wanna plant something!!!! I love playing in the dirt! How about some dill in that herb garden & instead of knocking down Dove's woodshed can we use it to support a yellow climbing rose called golden showers? They are tiny flowers(about the size of a quarter), thornless, & beautiful!! My grandma has one that's over 12 feet high!

Their, I love that Nancy Reagan rose! My roses aren't doing real well since we moved.:( But, I'm hoping they do better this year.

Last edited:
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
But theres not enough room. :neutral: Or we could make our outdoor petting zoo smaller. But what are we going to do with our animals. :(

Heh Heh...

I'll get the grill going!! :mrgreen:

John

Thier - not only are the roses pretty, and will decorate the cafe well, we can also use them to brew up more batches of my rose liquer!

sushi, I know it's expensive, but since Bang won the lottery, I'm sure you won't mind me asking for 1500.00....I'd like to plant a mature Haas avocado tree - the one I'd like bears about 1200+ avos a year. It'll also provide shade in the summer :)

I'm also thinking of growing artichokes too - ever seen a plant? They are outrageously weird looking, with their long stems
artichoke.gif

Jkath..... we have about 71 million dollars left from selling the Discuss Cooking Airbus! We have no money problems at all!!! :mrgreen: Would you like to put the avacado tree in the middle of the pine tree maze? I think its to large for our garden area. And what gym equipment do you use the most?

*going in elevator up to the 2nd small bedroom* *showering..... putting on swim trunks and flip flops. Getting towel* *getting Iced coffee in Cafe* Ok folks Im going for a relaxing soak in the whirlpool. Anyone care to join me? Its a BEAUTIFUL day!
12.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom