Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thier1754 said:
jkath: I'm saving a plate of those yummy celery sticks for you, should you decide to change your cream puff ways!

I'm donating a karaoke machine to the lounge and hiring musicians. What kind of music do you want?

Raggae please, find Eek-A-Mouse, he is great.

Alix said:
Hmmm (still only 215 here) you definitely need some nibblies to go with that wine. How about some roasted garlic and brie on crackers?(Fresh out of cheezits, sorry!) And I think I saw some caviar back here too. Bacon wrapped scallops maybe?

No caviar, thanks, but a boatload of everything else. Waddya mean, what's for dinner? I'm havin' mine now!

OK all, I am hanging up the apron for the afternoon. I am going to go bask in the sun for a while. Lord knows the snow could show up anytime now. LOL. Be good and I will check in over the weekend if I can get on the puter.

thier1754 said:
The SPCA arrives in the nick of time and relieves Bang of his cleaver. The Petting Zoo is placed in protective custody with a special guardian.

Not realy...I managed to get one animal done. How do you want your lamb?

*testing sound system in the lounge* HEY! Is the beer ready yet?? *feeling walls shaking* *playing past U2 CDs* *going on dance floor* Hey its still dusty in here. *cough* Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!! *shaking money maker*

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
BUT.... we COULD plant it right between the beer garden/jacuzzi area and the pine tree maze!

:)
that is the perfect place! I can hace a beer before picking the avos and then soak in the tub afterward!

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Jkath we have the 3 small berdrooms with full bath over the 2nd dinning room. We COULD make 2 of the bedrooms into one small gym for you! :mrgreen: It cant hold ALL that stuff but you can pick 3 or 4 of those things and then decorate it the way you like!!! What do ya think??
Sush, this is why I adore you so - -----always being so thoughtful! Okay, if I can't have it all, I'll take the stairmaster, one ab bench and a small assortment of free weights. And I'd like it painted perriwinkle, please.

Bang, you know, I don't care for lamb, but I have heard good things about emu...heh heh

And Alix! I'm sorry you've had a rough day! While mudbug & I imbibe in more wine (how about white zin, mud?) Why don't I pour you a huge cup of vanilla french roast, add some spiced rum, whipped cream on top with chocolate shavings and some roasted hazelnut butter cookies to go with them? Here ya go....

** Brooksy walks up to the counter holding his ears, can't hear himself think from U2 playing . Sees a new sign on the wall.**
It reads:

** LADIES.... PLEASE KEEP (Edited) OFF THE COUNTER **

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
fine, then.
I'll drink the latte myself..........

(*sigh*...wishing my little gym was ready!)

Oh well, I'm tossing the apron to whoever walks in next...must go for a bit -

<<putting on another CD: Prince>>
Oh yeah!
(*groovin' like there's no tomorrow*)

Thanks, Thier - looks pretty empty here tonight -
I'm guessing most people have a life....:-p

Oh well - I just brewed up some hazelnut coffee and I'm making up some fresh strawberry shortcake with whipped cream. :chef:

Any takers?

I'm a taker. Boy, I've got a lot of stationary bike riding to do, though, to get rid of the candy pudge around my middle. I've been so tired, and when I'm tired, I go for the sugar. :( Guess I'll have the coffee, but please hold the shortcake.

Thier! Take it from me - the stationary bike is a great idea for doing cardio, keeping your heart rate up & giving you more energy (provided you do it at least 30 min 2x/day....

but for the middle...the bike won't do much. Crunch those abs!

And, with the newfound slimmer tummy, you'll be less apt to go for the sugar !

((Forklift sounds as it backs up......."beeeeeeeeeeeeeep..... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep......beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"))
<<Installing latest addition for my little gym: another ab bench so Thier and I can work out together :) >>

Hmmm...Do you think an old computer slave like me could really get the waistline back? What else should I do for the middle (I'm skinny everywhere else...)?

Well, your waistline needs crunches. Really. People get larger around the middle from the foods they eat. It's a bummer, huh?

But, in the short 2 months I've been working with a trainer, my tummy has completely flattened. Granted, it was just a little pooch when I started, but now it's pretty hard. It's mostly from crunches, situps, pushups, and some bench work with free weights on the arms where you're keeping balance, as your legs are in midair. I do alot of cardio & stairclimbing too.
If you've got a big gym nearby, I totally recommend checking it out! Also, my sugar intake has lessened, and my water intake has increased dramatically, which is a very healthy thing indeed! :)

Now, back to slicing strawberries...

Changing CD on dance floor music:

New Order's "Bizarre Love Triangle" comes on....

oh yeah....

anyone else gonna play DJ or is it just me minding the coffee bar & playin' tunes?

I'm back for a bit. But ditch the coffee bar! I got the keys to the liquor cabinet! *flipping bottles a la Tom Cruise* Any requests?

I'll take the usual....

Malibu & Coke

it's the only alcohol I can drink many of and never ever get drunk...I learned about it from a woman (about 150 years old) who played 21 with me in Vegas years ago...

sorry - still got Vegas on the brain! I wish someone from DC was going so I could meet them!

Back
Top Bottom