Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath, Come on girl, live it up a little! *malibu and coke slides down the bar to jkath. Alix puts on a little Eddie and the Cruisers, On the DARK SIDE!*

Hey Alix! While sushi isn't here, let's get a giant screen TV! Bang left a few million of his lottery winnings to be used "on whatever"...so let's go to Best Buy!

Alix said:
jkath, Come on girl, live it up a little! *malibu and coke slides down the bar to jkath. Alix puts on a little Eddie and the Cruisers, On the DARK SIDE!*

I love that song & the movie was amazing! Wasn't it somebody-somethng and the beaver brown band?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy?

Hey! that movie can be the first one we play on "Movie Night at the Cafe"
Sounds good, eh?
(hey, look - I'm speakin' canadian!)

Okay, jkath...When do you work out? Morning? Evening? Before the meal? After the meal? *Thier gets out her clip board to take notes and waddles over to get a pencil.*

"And we'll have FUN, FUN, FUN 'til her Daddy takes the T-Bird a wa-a-a-ay!!!" *Thier is trying out the karaoke machine she bought on eBay...*

Yes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally! (LOL to the Canadian speak) He opened for Foreigner when they were here in (OMG I am so old) 85 and I was part of the choir singing with Foreigner so we got to meet all the celebs.

I think we need an 80's movie night to start off our little theater. What do you think? All 80's all the time. Heeheehee!

Alix said:
Yes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally! (LOL to the Canadian speak) He opened for Foreigner when they were here in (OMG I am so old) 85 and I was part of the choir singing with Foreigner so we got to meet all the celebs.

I think we need an 80's movie night to start off our little theater. What do you think? All 80's all the time. Heeheehee!
Alix, you are not old.
That would make me old.
You are not old.
(repeat three times)

80's night would not be complete without my favorite all time movie, The Wedding Singer

Robbie: Some of us will never ever find true love. Take, for instance...me. And I'm pretty sure that guy right there. And that lady with the sideburns. And basically everybody at table nine.

OK, Wedding Singer is a must. The plane scene at the end with Billy Idol is my favourite!

I must also insist on The Big Chill. Not quite the same as the Wedding Singer, but a keeper nonetheless.

Hey thier, crank up that karaoke girl! *Alix puts on the disco ball and strobe lights for thier*

thier1754 said:
Okay, jkath...When do you work out? Morning? Evening? Before the meal? After the meal? *Thier gets out her clip board to take notes and waddles over to get a pencil.*

"And we'll have FUN, FUN, FUN 'til her Daddy takes the T-Bird a wa-a-a-ay!!!" *Thier is trying out the karaoke machine she bought on eBay...*

I work out most mornings, and some evenings too - at least 9x per week does it for me. Each work out is 45min - 1hour 30min, depending on if I'm working cardio, upper body or lower body. I'm telling ya' - if you get a trainer, you will be so full of energy and addicted to the gym! Also, I eat my favorite protein bar (promax honey nut) in the morning, then work out, and then drink a large glass of "N4ked Juice" Protein zone. (the 4 should be an "a", but we're not allowed to use that word! Its a soy-based beverage with oodles of fresh fruit juices. They sell it in a lot of cities, but it's made really close to me.

Ps - like the singing!!

*Thier is singing and doing crunches at the same time...* "Little...puff puff puff...things mean...puff puff puff puff...a...puff groan...LOT!!" Call the EMT's!!!:blink:

All right! THATS IT! Enough workout talk! This is a BAR. We have fun here. Now belly up to the bar ladies. *sliding another malibu and coke to jkath, and a nice crantini to thier. Swilling her own gin and tonic* Ahhhh! Much better. Where are da boys? We need some dancing here tonight!

Sushi? Ronjohn? MJ? Anyone out there?

More movies: Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 candles...
(wait - is this a Molly Ringwald revival?...)
Oh yeah - she's in every movie ever made in the 80's

Yeah! Where are the boys? Maybe sush has a date with a readhead!
Maybe with Molly? hmmmmmmmm

Ronjohn needs to brew us up some of the good stuff...
and I'm sick of the M&C -

G&T, actually, Tanqueray & Tonic is my other "regular"

Mine too. I could pound these babies all night long. Ok, how about some Karate Kid, Back to the Future, Blame it on Rio. THAT one was before Demi had her "surgery".

Rain Man, The Princess Bride, Roxanne, Somewhere in Time, This is Spinal Tap, Top Gun, Monty Python...You can tell from some of my choices that most of the movies I saw were ones my sons dragged me to. But I do like all of the ones on that list. I love all of the improv movies from Spinal Tap on through A Mighty Wind.

Bartender, I'll have a Shirley Temple, please. Double cherries! (Hey--It's Friday night!)

Oh YA! And how about Can't Buy Me Love?

We are going to need a full week, not just one night of 80's flicks.

Hey, where did thier go? *Alix peeks under bar*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom