Do you feed the birds in Wintertime?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL!, Mel. I thought so too. But my grandmother made bacon and eggs for my grandfather their whole married life. She raised canaries. After making eggs for grandpa, she made one for the birds, with the yolk dunked in dry toast and cut up in little tiny pieces. They loved it! Go figure!:wacko:

OMG I can't believe I just read this. DH and I bought his father a canary for his birthday. He loved the singing. Sooo dad bought another one. They mated. They wound up raising and showing (many first place winners) over 300 canaries and they fed them eggs and toast too. How funny is that? They also fed them paprika to make their feathers redder.

Yep-all year long.

I used to use a feeder; now I just throw a couple of bags a week in the backyard. bread crumbs too

We have three feeders with different seeds in each, as well a a suet cake.
The little rascals seem very happy with what they get.

Nothing other than a hummingbird feeder during the appropriate season. We have too may outside kitties, which wouldn't be fair to the birdies.

At least the kitties have kept the squirrel population down, which allows us to harvest pecans from our 5 trees in the back yard.

I buy 50Lb. bags of wild bird seed at a feed & tack store near me.
I feed the birds off & on all year, but they can't depend on me for regular feeding.
I also keep water around in the bird baths all summer.
Keeps them on their toes. toes?

Back
Top Bottom