Does "panko" go by another name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, the soy sauce people.
I appreciate the offer, Joe. I'll bet if Giant Eagle doesn't have them in their specialty aisle though, the Wegmans by the mall will.

All this just to try them out (lol). I hope they're worth it!

Don't forget to season the panko.

I've used Panko crumbs for my walleye fillets, but never thought to season them because they are pretty firm, unlike traditional crumbs. I season the flour with salt & pepper and that's been sufficient, particularly with a fish that is so delicate in flavor. I want to enhance the flavor of the fish, not mask it. Chicken, on the other hand, can benefit from additional seasoning, but I still put the seasonings in the flour when using Panko crumbs.The crisp of Panko still remains after frying.

I just had Chicken Parm for dinner at a local restaurant tonight, and noticed that the breading was very crisp. I asked the chef if he used Panko crumbs, and he said yes, that he used fine Panko crumbs. He was surprised that I noticed until he learned that I frequently use Panko crumbs. I suggested he try Panko crumbs with his country fried steak. That should be good.

Once you use them, you'll be looking for uses other than just fish.

Cost Plus World Market should have carry it if you have one nearby. So should Trader Joes and markets like it.

Back
Top Bottom