Eats for Saturday, February 3, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pepperoni and pepper pizza.

Photo - 1.jpeg

Made an old recipe I've never heard of until one of the retro internet cooks made similar. After comparing few recipes on it, I used the first most prominent one that came up googling eggs salad with cottage cheese.

It has no mayonnaise. It has Dijon and mashed cottage cheese, green onions and Dill. It would be good for some diets as long as they just ate it on lettuce. I have never really liked cottage cheese so I tasted it before adding all of it and really couldn't even taste it in there once it was blended but it just gives it a more neutral taste than mayonnaise would. Kind of reminds me of something you might find on a tea sandwich. I did not max out the dill because I have come close to being overwhelmed by it one other time. But it's good.

Curiosity just got the better of me so I had to try it because I never in my 71 years heard of it until recently.

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_125104687.jpg
    IMG_20240203_125104687.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240203_132749624.jpg
    IMG_20240203_132749624.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 5
What did I have? Planned over stir fry which was like a chop suey with collards on the side. Finished out the day with oat-fruit cookies and tiny mandarins.

Pasta with smoked salmon, followed by meatloaf with mushrooms on the side.
I keep telling my husband it's okay to eat sea and land not far apart in time. I like a seafood appetizer with anything, really. He thinks the proteins should match from starters to entree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom