Monday, February 19, 2024, what did you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Smothered chicken in onion gravy, mashies, and green beans and carrots. Craig had seconds, and a few bites of thirds. He really likes this and I haven't made it in a long time.
20240219_182431.jpg

Last edited:
I believe in flyin’ saucers. ️🤭😉

View attachment 68052

A cup of semi homemade cream of mushroom soup and a toasted English muffin with a schmear of tuna salad.

A few Hershey’s special dark chocolate chips for afters.

🐷🐷🐷

Hmmm, tuna salad on toasted an English muffin... that sounds good. I've had it on a bagel, but not an English muffin. As for the chocolate, I don't have a sweet tooth, but I do like that Hershey's Special Dark. It's not too sweet.

CD

@Aunt Bea love Tuna Salad on a toasted English Muffin half, but have you tried that sammy with some cheese melted on top? YUM!

Dinner this evening here in Cowboyville Arizona USA was asian-inspired

IMG_3678.JPG

Stir fried Chicken and loads of different veggies, a nice sauce all served atop some Yakisoba Noodles.
I have enough leftover to take to my Mom.

IMG_3679.JPG

I've been trying my best to have enough to make a third or even fourth meal so that I can take my Mother health-ful homemade frozen "TV dinners".
So far this week, I have 4 meal to take over to her apartment in the Senior Living Community.
The last I peeked in her freezer, she hadn't eaten any of her store-bought commercially-produced frozen meals :clap:

@Aunt Bea love Tuna Salad on a toasted English Muffin half, but have you tried that sammy with some cheese melted on top? YUM!
Yes, a slice of melted cheese on top is a favorite of mine!

This batch of tuna salad used a binder of fat free cream cheese, instead of mayonnaise, to trim a few calories.

I was pleased with the results. 🐷🐷🐷

For supper, I made oksekød med kartoffellåg, which is Danish for beef with a potato lid. I really don't understand why this dish is so darned good.

You brown some ground beef, then add some tomato, a red and a green bell pepper (I used a couple of jalapeños instead of the green one), and some thyme. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. That goes into an ovenproof dish and then the cooked potato slices are stirred into some crème fraiche and spread on top of the meat mixture. A layer of grated cheese is the top layer and then it gets baked for 20 minutes. To me, that sounds good, but not special. We both really, really like this. I made a salad and vinaigrette to go with that. We had doughnuts from Tim Hortons for dessert.

Ground beef with a potato lid and a leafy salad.jpg
Oksekød med kartoffellåg and a salad.jpg
Doughnuts from Tim Hortons.jpg

@Aunt Bea if you have some time, could you please post your recipe for that yummy sounding Tuna Salad, pretty please?
Recipe? 😂😜🤭

2 ounces (4T) fat free cream cheese
1 5oz can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
1T sweet pickle relish
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup minced onion
S&P to taste

Basically, I substitute the fat free cream cheese at 15 calories per tablespoon for each tablespoon of mayonnaise at 90 calories per tablespoon.

It’s a nice, mild flavored, low calorie swap.

For supper, I made oksekagreed!!!!!ød med kartoffellåg, which is Danish for beef with a potato lid. I really don't understand why this dish is so darned good.

You brown some ground beef, then add some tomato, a red and a green bell pepper (I used a couple of jalapeños instead of the green one), and some thyme. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. That goes into an ovenproof dish and then the cooked potato slices are stirred into some crème fraiche and spread on top of the meat mixture. A layer of grated cheese is the top layer and then it gets baked for 20 minutes. To me, that sounds good, but not special. We both really, really like this. I made a salad and vinaigrette to go with that. We had doughnuts from Tim Hortons for dessert.

View attachment 68067View attachment 68068View attachment 68069
agreed!!!

For supper, I made oksekød med kartoffellåg, which is Danish for beef with a potato lid. I really don't understand why this dish is so darned good.

View attachment 68067View attachment 68068View attachment 68069

Sounds like a different variety of a British shepherd's pie, apart from the fact that the potatoes are boiled and mashed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom