Ever meet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine l

Head Chef
I often wonder if any of you actually meet and cook for each other? When I read some of the delicious sounding meals I wish I could actually enjoy them. I know....make them myself:rolleyes:

I think we all should meet in New Orleans next year for Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest..Advertisers should take everyone out to dinner 1 nite. Its about 1 year away..So start booking flights and hotels....See ya then!

Great idea, Uncle Bob! I've never been to New Orleans and would love to go just to eat may way around it!

I've only met three DC posters, elaine. Raine and Jim Minion are also competitive BBQ'ers, and I met them on the BBQ circuit.

Andy M. and his SO, Suzanne, came to a BBQ contest where I was competing and looked me up during a horrible rain storm.

I'd love to meet other DC'ers some day.

Lee

:) My fantasy is that we meet in Las Vegas good priced flights and inexpensive hotel packages.Wow how fun to actually meet face to face and so much to talk about.I actually brought it up when the foodtv forum was still alive but got no response.But I think if it was planned well in advance alot of us could actually go.
To me Mari Gras etc would be to busy we would never go anywhere we would be too busy seeing each other.

Last edited:
And then there is the rain...
Las Vegas sounds fun...

I have (we..) have had lunch with Kitchenelf in Napa Ca. and with Sierracook in Grass Valley Ca. Great people.

:) As much as I hate flying [ and I really hate flying}I would definately want to go .What a blast that would be.At least 3 days but Im sure thats not even long enough to make the rounds with every one.

OK, I'd like to vote for meeting in Disneyworld. That way if we hate each other we can at least go on rides and scream our guts out. LOL!

I've met tancowgirl, and Poutine. I feel like I know most of you so well though that if we ever did meet there would be squeals of glee and much wine and giggling.

I know Steve A, and Vagriller, both post here every now and again.

I am all up for a large scale meet and eat! Rides would be awesome, butthat is a tough pic between Mardi gras or Disney(though I liked islands of Adventure better:)).

I have to look up Buckytom when I am in the City next, and I will be moving to Hawaii in September, and would love to meet Ironchef and Wassabi!

If ever anything were to materialize out of it, I work for Landmark/Intercontinental hotels, and could get a great deal on a block of rooms, seriously.

Vegas sounds great to me. Heh. I know my way around pretty well, and I could certainly recommend places to eat and/or party that would suit most peoples' needs. We are a pretty diverse group with at least one thing in common.

OH... I have met jkath. Ask HER where the DC convention should be held ;).

And, Alix... there are a few rides and other diversions in Vegas... in case we don't get along (then, again, I could just go home... heh)

Z.

:) For me once Im off the plane Im pretty much fearless and get around quite easily on the ground and the people there dont scare me at all .Its the in the air thing.

Last edited:
You can't seriously believe that all of our DCer's from other countries could possibly car pool to Nevada, Louisiana, California or Florida. No, NO ..... we must pack our American bags and go visit them!

smile.gif
Tatratt,Where are these hotels located I think we need a centrally located place that is easy for folks to get to

every where. They own Holliday Inn(select, sun sprees, express, executive centers), InterContinental, Crowne Plaza(the division I work for), Candlewood Suites, Hotel Indigo, and Staybridge Suites, with locations all around the world.

Last edited:
StirBlue said:
You can't seriously believe that all of our DCer's from other countries could possibly car pool to Nevada, Louisiana, California or Florida. No, NO ..... we must pack our American bags and go visit them!

That is a GREAT idea too! I will be in France and England in early August, I would love to meet some of our across the pond, DC Fam!

Hawaii would be a long trip from the East Coast and the other countries would be a longer trip from the west coast.

From ca. it was a 13 hour trip to Japan and then the next day a few hours to Soul Korea and then the next day a 12 hour train ride (powered by coal and all the windows open..I was a mess) and then a 3 hour pick up truck ride to travel 50 miles on their roads..and when we arrived they wanted to throw a Welcome aboard party for us...No way!!! This was after taking 30 days from Jacksonville N>A>S> n Florida and inc. 2 weeks Survival Training (again) in the Mohave Dessert for Paul.

Sorry..I got off subject ...again. Almost every post I can come up with an experience.

Back
Top Bottom