Firefox 2.0 Officially Released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. I've been using the fox for a couple of months now, and am still getting used to its abilities. One thing I downloaded today is a function that synchronizes my bookmarks when using multiple computers. I can't wait to get home and 'synchronize'. :)

GB, Thanks for the recommendation. The installation was as easy as could be and the interface is intuitive. I've been using IE so long it may take some getting used to but I vaguely remember more disorientation transitioning from Mosaic.
I miss the spellcheck button on the Google toolbar. Is the spellcheck you mentioned in firefox an extension? Any (other) extensions that experienced Firefox users recommend?

skilletlicker said:
Is the spellcheck you mentioned in firefox an extension?
Nope it is actually integrated right into the browser. Now when you type something, in DC for instance, if you misspell a word it will underline it. The all you have to do is right click on that word and it will give you the options you can choose.

GB - I meant to tell you about the spell checker - it's awesome isn't it??? I uninstalled ICheck or whatever I had.

I still don't see what you were talking about about opening new tabs that you were explaining to SuzyQ3. If I right click on a tap it says open new tab - that's the only way I know to do it. I don't see anything at the top of my browser that says New Tab or New Window.

If you right click on your tool bar (where the URL address bar is) and click customize then you can add the New Tab and New Window buttons if you want kitchenelf.

Or you can go to FILE, and then NEW TAB or CTRL T (I think?) Anyway, I am a new firefox user and love it compared to IE, though I still have IE on my computer. I will be downloading Firefox v 2.0 tonight.

shpj4 said:
Thank you so much about the information on Firefoz 2.0. I will have to look for it the next time I go to Staples where they carry a lot of different programs.

I don't think you need to go to STAPLES for it, you can download it on the web. Check GB's first post on this thread for the url. :)

GB, I am liking FF2 a lot!!!! :) I just learned how you can open FF with the same tabs you closed (logged off) with. :) I've been using Netcaptor, which feeds off IE, and was considering going back to it because it wouldn't keep the tabs, and I had to re-enter them. :) YES YES YES .. FF2 IS GREAT!!!!

I'm still getting used to the add-ons. I think I might like the bookmark feature, but I haven't played with it yet.

Do Ctrl-T for new tab and type in the new url. I think there is a way to set FF up to open a new tab when you click on a link, so you might be able to do it that way too.

<Kicks GB for giving me a new toy> Like I need more toys. ROFL just kidding GB!!!

:ROFLMAO:

I was beginning to feel too stupid to understand the the Firefox spell check. Apparently it doesn't work until right clicking the input field (the box you type into) and selecting "spell check this field" in the drop down list. I mention this in case anyone else is having the same problem.

By the way, GB ought to be getting some kind of commission on this.:)

skilletlicker said:
By the way, GB ought to be getting some kind of commission on this.:)
Oh I do get a commission. Firefox pays me 25% what you pay to download it :LOL:

I downloaded a new theme and now I can't see how to switch between themes. Am I missing something?

I have never used the themes myself Z, but try this if you have not already.

Go to tools then add-ons then themes. My guess is that you will be able to switch them in there.

The Z said:
I downloaded a new theme and now I can't see how to switch between themes. Am I missing something?

I knew how to do that :clap: I knew how to do that :clap: Life is amazing!

I'm going to look at more downloads - I've got to get fasterfox downloaded too - I'm sure there will be more questions!!!

Back
Top Bottom