Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha, Harry, you remembered that I love watermelon. :ROFLMAO: During the summer when we went through an entire week of 115F/46C weather, I had this for dinner more than once, I'll admit. :ohmy::LOL:

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 208
GotGarlic, that meatloaf and mashed dinner looks amazing. I'm craving meatloaf now. :yum:

Harry, your black bean chicken looks, and sounds so good. I love the step by step photos. And what a great idea of the upside down use of your steamer! I will have to remember that. Perfect for when things don't quite fit in the steamer basket. :)

Ditto on Sir Loin's photos, I could only see the latte one as well. Looks great though, and I want a set of those glass mugs. :)

Last edited:
I've got that same steamer basket, Harry.
Did you lay the chicken pieces on top of it or are they underneath and you put something else on top? I'm trying to understand the inverted concept...

It looks like a delicious and FLAVORFUL meal.
Thanks for the pics.
packed a punch of flavour to be sure...thanks pac:)!!
right,the steamer,,you know it's got legs that normally rest on the bottom of the pan & keep the basket clear of the water,well,you put the steamer in the pan upsidedown & then put the bowl of food to cooked on the legs.it raises the food closer to the top of the pan where the steam is hotter & more dense.it's a chinese technique to steam the food more quickly.the food is sealed in the bowl using foil but the foil is fitted with the shiny side nearest to the food,that way the foil keeps the food moist but doesn't reflect as much heat away from the food,thus helping it to cook more quickly....ta dahh!!

Haha, Harry, you remembered that I love watermelon. :ROFLMAO: During the summer when we went through an entire week of 115F/46C weather, I had this for dinner more than once, I'll admit. :ohmy::LOL:
of course i remembered....i also seem to remember asking you to marry me the first time i saw your food...offer's still on the table now that i've seen your prawns:winkiss:

What a nifty method. Kind of like a double broiler effect using steam and high temp instead of water and low temp. A vessel within a vessel. And you don't have to worry about the liquid licking the food if you have a bit too much in. Super.

GotGarlic, that meatloaf and mashed dinner looks amazing. I'm craving meatloaf now. :yum:

Harry, your black bean chicken looks, and sounds so good. I love the step by step photos. And what a great idea of the upside down use of your steamer! I will have to remember that. Perfect for when things don't quite fit in the steamer basket. :)

Ditto on Sir Loin's photos, I could only see the latte one as well. Looks great though, and I want a set of those glass mugs. :)
just posted a reply about the steamer for pacanis.
cor blimey chezza not you as well about the latte photo's already...give the guy a break:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!

What a nifty method. Kind of like a double broiler effect using steam and high temp instead of water and low temp. A vessel within a vessel. And you don't have to worry about the liquid licking the food if you have a bit too much in. Super.
correctamundo pac!!spot on about the the food being kept well clear of the water,means you can boil the water as hard as you like rather than just simmering!!

I've got that same steamer basket, Harry.
Did you lay the chicken pieces on top of it or are they underneath and you put something else on top? I'm trying to understand the inverted concept...

It looks like a delicious and FLAVORFUL meal.
Thanks for the pics.
ditto

tonights offering:fish,chips & mushy peas.reese's peanut butter pumpkin for pud.couple of nice haddock loins double dipped in buttermilk/cornmeal then deep fried,crinkle cut chips & harry(no relation,sadly)ramsdens mushies.

Attachments

• FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 001.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 001.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 132
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 002.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 002.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 147
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 004.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 004.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 130
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 007.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 007.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 135
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 006.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 006.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 188
  • FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 003.JPG
    FISH,CHIPS & PEAS 003.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 145
seafood & butter bean tagine.no recipe,just made it up as i went along.damn tasty too:yum:!!

Attachments

• SEAFOOD TAGINE 001.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 001.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 125
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 002.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 002.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 136
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 003.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 003.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 139
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 004.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 004.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 127
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 005.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 005.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 146
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 006.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 006.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 188
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 007.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 007.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 131
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 008.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 008.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 137
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 009.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 009.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 129
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 010.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 010.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 142
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 011.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 011.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 172
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 014.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 014.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 188
Wow Hazza I am totes pinching some of these ideas ! I have a ruddy huge bag of cornmeal stuff and am losing the will to live working out what to do with it . So , fish idea nicked . Butter beans going on the shopping list too , we love them !!

Were you feeding the five thousand pray tell ?

Wow Hazza I am totes pinching some of these ideas ! I have a ruddy huge bag of cornmeal stuff and am losing the will to live working out what to do with it . So , fish idea nicked . Butter beans going on the shopping list too , we love them !!

Were you feeding the five thousand pray tell ?
nah,just two for a late lunch;)....never going to waste me time with breadcrumbs,eggs,flour or batter & all that sh....stuff anymore.just dip it in(oooh err missus) the seasoned cornmeal,then buttermilk,then cornmeal again..fry it...voila double dipped fried whatever...simps!!double whammy is that the buttermilk is less than 1% fat so you can sign it off as healthy,yes m'lud,even if it's a mars bar you're frying:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:!!

how about haricot beans;):rolleyes:??!!

tonights offering:fish,chips & mushy peas.reese's peanut butter pumpkin for pud.couple of nice haddock loins double dipped in buttermilk/cornmeal then deep fried,crinkle cut chips & harry(no relation,sadly)ramsdens mushies.

What kind of oil did you use, Harry?

What kind of oil did you use, Harry?
rapeseed oil carol.i think you guy's call it canola oil your side of the pond?
it's a bit cheaper than sunflower oil over here & i find it has a higher smoking point too.according to the blurp on the side of the bottle it's also a healthier oil than sunflower...so important when you are deep frying last nights leftover pizza....:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom