Foods you hated as a kid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow... let me see...

cooked carrots
peas
pea soup
broccoli
brussel sprouts
chicken livers
pickled herring
anchoives on pizza
lima beans
black olives

joesfolk, have you ever tried Almond Milk? Some brands are tastier than others. My daughter, who is also lactose intolerant, likes "365" from Whole Foods. I only use mine for cooking because I'm just not a milk drinker (unless it's in a milkshake) but it's called:
Blue Diamond
Natural
Almond Breeze

No I haven't tried almond milk. I hav tried some of the soy products. They are okay but just not the same as whole milk or even 2%. Maybe I'll try almond milk next time.

Many green veggies like broccoli, spinach, and peas I love raw now. Still can't stand liver though. I grew up eating (parents might call it protesting) deer and elk liver.

PEAS!!!

I can tolerate them if they are the frozen kind and you thaw them out under cold water for salads, but the moment heat touches them....GROSS

Joesfolk, my father could not fathom why I didn't like milk. I'm still ambivalent with milk unless it is served up with a slice of cake, some cookies, or even a fresh doughnut. :)

Joesfolk, my father could not fathom why I didn't like milk. I'm still ambivalent with milk unless it is served up with a slice of cake, some cookies, or even a fresh doughnut. :)

I can't drink milk unless it has a liberal dose of chocolate syrup.

My mother was that way with milk, had to have it with chocolate on those occasions when she was forced to drink it like when she was pregnant and the doctor ordered her to drink it. She never voluntarily drank milk in her life. But all of the rest of us were absolute gluttons about it. You would not believe the amount of milk the milkman had to deliver to our house, back in the years when there were milkmen and when my folks could afford that luxury.

I was raised vegetarian, so I had a hard time with meat (especially fish) for a long time. But now I love almost all kinds of meat. It has been a mind over matter thing for me...and then accepting that I LOVE meat in spite of my upbringing! lol

I did not eat vegetables like carrots and now I do. There's many more that now I do.

fried liver and onions! How can anything that smells that good, taste that bad :yuk: Sorry, still can't eat that. Also never like lima beans but I love them in salads now.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you about the liver. It does smell fabulous cooking but the taste...and worst, the texture are to gag for. (My apologies to the liver and onions lovers out there.)

I was the family goof-ball loved lima,butter and bacon hated carrots now I'll eat carrots as long as I grow them store bought taste like dirt. Hated broccoli, and loved artichokes.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom