For Milk Lovers Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back in the early '70s, I went on vacation to Mallorca, Spain. I asked for a glass of milk with a meal. I was shocked at the first taste. It was warm goat's milk. Once I got over the shock of goat's milk and warmed, I found that I liked it. I did ask for cold milk subsequently.

Last edited:
I had to stop buying chocolate milk. Everytime I opened the fridge, I was grabbing the jug and taking swig after swig. I had a chronic dribble line on my chin. :angel:

I totally dislike milk as a drink. :sick: Even as a kid I was the weird one with a glass of water on the dinner table instead of milk. I haven't eaten a bowl of cereal in ... forever.

Having said that, I love all things cheese, yogurt, s. cream, etc. Ice cream isn't something I get excited about though I like a scoop of frozen yogurt now and then. And I prefer my tea & coffee with a splash of cream. I have no issue cooking with milk / half-n-half / cream (though I always grab almond milk when I make oatmeal). Just don't make me drink cow juice from a glass!

During the Blizzard of '78, no food trucks could get through. All stores were out of milk and other foods. The shelves were empty or the stores were closed. I was working for the Boston Police Department at the time. The Hood Milk plant just happened to be down the street in Charlestown from the police station where I was working. The cops went and confiscated all the milk they had and delivered to all the homes in the projects and around town that had kids. I got to take a couple of gallons home myself. the surplus milk was buried in the snow banks outside in the snowbanks to keep them cold. the cops wanted to make sure that those that needed it, got milk. Including the elderly. For their bones. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom