French Fries and white cheddar popcorn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I love Poutine, the cheese curds are extremely mild tasting, both covered with a very flavourful Gravy. But somehow "popcorn" sort of ruins it for me. Plus, to my way of thinking, the Cheddar is too strong in taste for the fries. JMHO

I'm curious as to how you propose to combine a white cheddar flavour with your fries?
Have you been able to purchase this 'powder' (or what ever it is)?
Do you intend to just sprinkle it on? if it is a powder?

I got a shaker with several flavors to shake on popcorn...kind of like they offer at some movie theaters. It's okay, but butter is better! :giggle:

Although, come to think of it, I have a butter "flavored" Olive Oil that I got at the Olive Oil store......

Is there a way to make fries from mashed up potato or only cut? If mashed you could add ingredients in the mix like bacon. Wasn't sure if a mold and binder could bake it back together.

Is there a way to make fries from mashed up potato or only cut? If mashed you could add ingredients in the mix like bacon. Wasn't sure if a mold and binder could bake it back together.
I'm pretty sure that there is a way to make fries from mashed potatoes. I have no idea what has to be done to them. But, I have seen fries being made at greasy spoon that were pushed out of a thing that I assumed was cutting a whole large potato into sticks for fries, all at once. But, I remember one day, the "sticks" that came out of that thing were over a foot long and the ends were raggy looking, not like the edge of a potato. So, I think it was extruding potato mush, not cutting whole potatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom