Getting a Lego out of a 2 yr old nose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with what has already been said. Also, Legos have very sharp corners, and if something (like a sibling running by) accidentally hits her in the nose, or if she falls on her nose, it could be pretty painful, and it could push it farther up.

:)Barbara

Its round, no corners.
But still... its not a good place to have one!

Time for the doc. I wouldn't wait much longer either. The longer the Lego stays in her nose, the more it will irritate the nasal passage, which could cause an infection. This is a complication neither you or your daughter want.

I was about her age when I shoved a felt tongue from a large teddy bear up my nose. I was adamant about not letting anyone retrieve it. My parents didn't take me to the doctor to get it out. I was captive...my father WAS a doctor. It came out. Daddy knew how to do it and had the tools to get the job done.

Just put a bunch of legos together to make one long piece then shove that up her nose too. Since legos lock together you can get it out that way :angel: :LOL:

Just put a bunch of legos together to make one long piece then shove that up her nose too. Since legos lock together you can get it out that way :angel: :LOL:

Don't think I haven't thought of that!!!!

Called Urgent care AGAIN, apparently they don't think it's so urgent. :huh:
I am to keep trying when she is calm, as long as I can see it and it's reachable (it still is, she wont let me).

If I don't get it out by tomorrow bring her in.

I think I should move back to the city.

Right now all I can think is thank goodnes my tubes are tied and PLEASE let them BE teenagers!!

Last edited:
I love what kitchenelf said!!

My first boy did the nose thing, but with a noodle from Mac & cheese.
We tried to get it with long tweezers, but noodles are soft and it didn't work.
I called my sis, who is a nurse, and she said for us to make him cry. The nose runs when you cry hard enough.
So, since he was still a tiny guy, we put his pacifier in, and then pulled it out. Did that a few times and he cried....and the noodle came out.

This was good to know, since he did it again a month later.

I do believe it traumatized you though, as he hasn't eaten macaroni and cheese ever since and he's 15½.

this reminds me of an old Cheech and Chong comedy routine "Dr, Dr., she/he sticks everything up her/his nose"

Seriously, do take her to the doctor---you don't want that Lego to be inhaled and cover her windpipe--look at how many people choke over taking water down the wrong pipe---believe me she won't be the first child that he or she has had to remove a foreign object from. And please in regards to an earlier post----don't wish for those teen years any time soon---you really don't want to know what's around the corner! :)

Have you tried sticking a big glob of vaseline up her nose? Do both nostrils to divert her from your real aim. Vaseline makes everything easier to get out.

Dad worked for Shell when I was a kid, and he had access to commercial quanitities of the stuff, amongst other things. I've seen olive oil sold in containers less large than the Vaseline tin!!!! We still had it when he died when I was 15! LOL

I have tried absolutely everything. I can see it, I've touched it, but I'm just afraid to lay her down to get it so it wont go back up. She thrashes around so badly DH and I cant hold her upright.
We are on our way now to the Dr's office. I'll have an update in a couple hours I hope....

Yup. last kid, figures she's the only one to ever stick something up there. :wacko:
It's been there since last night, she doesn't even notice it. It won't go up any farther, its not blocking her breathing. she sneezes and it comes down a little but as soon as I chase her down to get her to try to blow again she gets mad and snorts it back up into its nest. The thing isn't even 1/2 a centimeter, a little round thing used for headlights / taillights and such.
Any ideas? I really dont think this warrants a dr visit, but I'll take her in if I absolutely have to. :glare:

LOLOLLOLOL, im sorry but this to funny. Dont worry to much though, i get them stuck in me nose all the time.

Take pictures... LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom