getting my first tatoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
before BF had his bar, he went to art school, so my lower back tatoo will be very pretty. he'll design a beauty for me.i'm looking for a character that means 'God's Will.'

my friend James had designed a fairy for me many moons ago, if i'm not mistaken.

Ok..... Im gonna get slammed for this BUT...... I think tatoos are the ugliest thing a woman could do to their body. VERY unfeminine..... not classy..... and the older they get the worse they get. They fit truck drivers, pirates and some men. But I'll put it this way...... if we were ummmmmm.... undressing. :rolleyes: ...... and I saw that tatoo or GOD forbid more than one I dont think I could get aroused. I IMPLORE you women!!! Dont get tatoos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yuk:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Ok..... Im gonna get slammed for this BUT...... I think tatoos are the ugliest thing a woman could do to their body. VERY unfeminine..... not classy..... and the older they get the worse they get. They fit truck drivers, pirates and some men. But I'll put it this way...... if we were ummmmmm.... undressing. :rolleyes: ...... and I saw that tatoo or GOD forbid more than one I dont think I could get aroused. I IMPLORE you women!!! Dont get tatoos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yuk:
lol DS! i know what you mean! i've never liked them either...

I totally agree with DS! I think they leave a very negative impression to others and the larger the tattoo, the more repulsive. Because they last forever (unless you spend a small fortune for removal), they can look horrible with old age. Ladies, just think of that lovely little flower you have on your chest that will sag down with age and become misshapen and nearly unrecognizable. Ugh.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:

I have to admit i have a little butterfly on my shoulder blade. I wish I had the money to take it off. I would never recommend any woman to get one. Luckly you can't see mine unless i have a bathing suit on.I was 18 and stupid!!!!

Well again Im pretty neutral about them on girls, but I just dont like tacky ones. Another example is that a friend of mine is an artist... she's a great one btw. Any way's her main subjects are cats and rabbits... so she got a rabbit tattoo a little bit above her butt. It's the ugliest little tattoo I've seen... not stylised at all or anything... just a barely recognizable outline of a bunny. Meh.

You can't see mine unless I want you to. One on my shoulder blade, the other on my pelvis. I have a black rose, and a custom design off a winged heart with a lighting bolt thru the center.

same as mine rainee mine are hidden unless i want to show them. one is on my upper left chest (a rose) . one is on my left leg about 3 inches above my ankle (eagle w/ heart in it's talons) and the one on my lower back (blue and purple tribal design w/ a wolf head in the center).

As I am older and supposedly wiser, I would say, don't do it!

Tastes change, your body changes. Imagine wearing a beehive hairdo now. Hair you can change, a tatoo is forever.

pam

I fed my craving for a tatto by getting my eyeliner tattoed on - HURT LIKE ****!!!!!!!! I like that I did it but my husband hates tattoos - but since he bought me that for a birthday present a couple years ago I guess he's ok with eyeliner tattoos! lol It sure is nice to always have it on.

A friend of mine got a tattoo when she was young (about your age luvs) and she's a little older than me - I won't tell you how bad it looks - but it's pretty bad.

And DS - my husband is just like you - he can see the most attractive female and say so accordingly - but if he then sees a tattoo on her back or anywhere (well, except eyeliner) he is totally turned off and she, in his eyes, is no longer attractive. It's a tough decision and when the urge is that strong to get one it's hard to convince yourself otherwise.

Winston Churchill's mother , circulated quite freely among the Wales’ social circle sporting a tattoo of a snake around her left wrist. A well-placed bracelet hid the tattoo when it didn’t tickle her fancy.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:

LOLOL... Many years ago mom got some cherries on her breast... she now has HOT PEPPERS. It's pretty bad. :ermm:

cats said:
I totally agree with DS! I think they leave a very negative impression to others and the larger the tattoo, the more repulsive. Because they last forever (unless you spend a small fortune for removal), they can look horrible with old age. Ladies, just think of that lovely little flower you have on your chest that will sag down with age and become misshapen and nearly unrecognizable. Ugh.

And I wouldn't just limit this to women with tats. Men sag too, not to mention that they get hairier and that cute dancing girl with the grass skirt on your forearm starts to look like Sasquatch in old age. Then you can add the odd bluish color that the black ink turns into in the older tattoos and the feathering and blurring of the picture. I'm not a fan of tatoos on men or women.

I also don't understand getting them where you can see part of the tattoo sticking out of tank tops or waistbands. I can understand putting them in a private place or in a public place, but these are only partly visible. Maybe they should get a Kilroy tat.

BC

Don't worry Sushi, fall in love with the girl and the tatoo will be come beautiful to you.

Ladies, I'm in the same boat as Sushi.

I just hate the idea of scarring up your body for fashion's sake. I can't stand tattoos, never liked them, but now that they are the "in" thing for young kids, it's now become just a fad. If they are so wonderful, why do people put them where they can be so easily hidden?

The only tattoos I've not been offended by are those on older men who have their military insignia on them, you know, from like WWII. That's it. I hate having to shield my kids' eyes when a man walks by with a tat of an unclothed woman on his forearm.
My sister got one last summer (she's 41). I don't like it. It's some asian inspired something (looks like a chinese character) that her son designed. I still don't like it.
Makes me feel like she wasn't satisfied with the way she was made.

I can't wait for the day that tats are out of fashion. Then I can be cool. That will also be the day that it's okay to be pasty white because you didn't worship the sun, and instead wore 45 spf to keep from getting skin cancer. Then I'll be super cool.
okay, I'm climbing down from my soapbox.

sorry to vent so harshly, but I care about you guys. If I didn't, I wouldn't say a word. ...and Sush, just say you don't want tats when you go on eharmony.com.

It is arguably claimed that tattooing has existed since 12,000 years BC, so it's not a fad.

In some areas it is part of their culture an rituals.

I've had mine for over 20 years.

The reason people put them where they can't be seen all the time is due to attitudes other people have about tattoos.

The tattoos of long ago were shrouded in deep meaning though. They spoke of the transition from boy to man, girl to woman. They marked a person as a great warrior, or a healer or a spiritualist. The marks were symbols of which tribe one belonged to, or which god you chose to watch over you. They were seeped in lore and history and power and symbolism. People earned the right to wear them. It wasn't decoration for decoration's sake.

I do have a small tatoo on my arm which was inked when I was very young wild child (16), way way way before it was "cool". It was a foolish and stupid thing to do, I knew it as soon as it was started; thus it was never finished. I consider it a permanant reminder of why I need to really think before I act. Some things you can't wish away though and this is definitely one of them.

But I'm also a firm believer in the old live and let live theory. Everyone is free to paint and poke themselves to their heart's content. I don't think any less of anyone for having them nor do I admire those who do. Everyone is looking for a way to express themselves and tatooing & piercing seems to be a fairly harmless way to do it.

:heart:
Z

Back
Top Bottom