Girls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wear Jessica McClintock, and have for years. Every day, even though I work in a hardware store.

Ages ago, I complimented my dental hygenist on her cologne and asked her what it was. She told me, and added, "Total strangers stop and compliment me on this cologne". So I bought some and have been wearing it ever since. She was right: total strangers do compliment me and ask me about it, even though I just spray one light spritz on my throat in the morning.

AND I like it myself (I hate most colognes).

I agree with you, pdswife - cooking magazines should not have perfumed pages in them!

Lee

gah... you`re ALL deluding yourselves!

the Sexiest thing you can wear (other than a Lab coat) is nothing at all ;)

I wear CK One every day & then Tiffany at night when going out. I've been wearing these two scents for over 15 years. I am often overwhelmed by all the smells in a store so I just haven't looked into any any new fragrances.

It is funny if I get a whiff of a certain men's cologne it will immediately remind me of an ex boyfriend or friend in highschool & college...weird so many years later.

:LOL: me too and sometimes thats not good!!

I always wear fragrance. For years and years I've been wearing Cassini by Oleg Cassini. Occasionally I'll wear Yardley English Lavender. I always bathe with Yardley English Lavender soap and, Fisher's Mom, every bath/shower ends with a dusting of Coty's Emeradue bath powder. Buck always gives me a box of it for Christmas. Love it.

We've lived in our condo for almost 30years and so we know lots of neighbours. Because I'm a senior citizen...lol, I'm always getting hugged, and along with most hugs I hear, "oh, you smell so nice"....I've been wearing Fendi for years. Love it!

I got hooked on Dream by The Gap when I was in high school and have been wearing it ever since! My husband wears Gray Flannel by Geofry Beene but I have always been a sucker for CK Obsession!

Nope... I don't.
Most perfumes give me a smashing headache and it happens very quickly.

I got one the other day when I opened up a COOKING mag and it had a free sample of perfume in it! COOKING magazines SHOULD NOT have perfume in them!!!
If you subscribe to a magazine that does that, you can request that they send yours without them. At least you used to be able to do that. My mom developed perfume allergies in her 40s and that is what she did.

YT--We have aftershave here too, as well as cologne. Aftershave is generally not as strong and long-lasting as cologne.

I LOVE perfume and cologne. I wear them most of the time. If I am going to be in a crowded or closed-in place (airplane, etc.) I don't wear them because I know a lot of people do have perfume allergies.

My absolute favorite, since 1978, is Jontue. Some of my favorites are Emeraude, Tabu, Avon's Sweet Honesty, Avon's Hawaiian White Ginger (I don't know if they still make it either Fisher's Mom--I bought another brand of white ginger but didn't like it), Chanel No. 5, and floral scents like rose.

Musk makes me feel sick to my stomach--can't take that at all!

As far as men's colognes and aftershaves, my favorites on James are British Sterling, Canoe, and Brut. I remember Hai Karate from when I was a kid and would love to find him some of that if there is still a bottle of it somewhere out there! I have to keep James well-stocked on his "smell goody" (as he calls it) because if he runs out, he wears mine!!!

My dad aways wore Old Spice, and I always loved it. Someone got James some right after we were married though, and I can't stand it on him! Why? It reminds me of my dad, and it is really hard to get romantic with your sweetie when he smells like your dad! I have talked to others about that, and they have the same problem! So it looks like Old Spice may have to skip a generation!

I almost forgot--I had some cologne called Brown Sugar (they also have one called Sugar--actually it might have been that one that I had) that I got from a beauty aids home party that someone at work had (can't remember what it was called). That stuff smelled so good! The funny thing was, wherever I wore it I heard some interesting comments. Someone thought she smelled popcorn, and some girls sitting behind me at church thought they smelled candy. :LOL:

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I love perfume and wear Shalimar and scented oils from the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

My dad aways wore Old Spice, and I always loved it. Someone got James some right after we were married though, and I can't stand it on him! Why? It reminds me of my dad, and it is really hard to get romantic with your sweetie when he smells like your dad! I have talked to others about that, and they have the same problem! So it looks like Old Spice may have to skip a generation!

OMG! ME TOO! Barbara, this is how I feel about Old Spice on Ken. It freaks me out just a bit. I bought him some from Bugs for his first Father's Day, and it weirded me out horribly. LMAO! Glad I'm not alone on this one. (I'm having a deja vu moment. Have we talked about this before?)

(I'm having a deja vu moment. Have we talked about this before?)
LOL Yes, actually I had asked before (a few years ago) if anyone else had experienced the same thing. It had been awhile though, and I thought it fit perfectly here. :cool:

I wear CK in2U (her) and also a fragrance by the Gap called Dream More. Both are light. The CK perfume lasts a long time which is why it cost a bit. I used to wear another by Jean Paul Gaultier though I cannot recall the name but it was a nice bottle of a woman dressed sexy ;) Nice scent and it also lasts a long time.

The best thing to do when purchasing perfume is as others have mentioned, get a card and spray it, maybe rub some on your wrist, and then wait to see if you like it. Label the card too because often times I find cards for perfumes that do not match the name of the perfume. I agree, it really is too bad that stores do not give out those vials of perfume, I loved those.

As for myself and most people that I know, we are using scented body sprays/mist.

As for the perfumers, they are buying at Victoria Secret.

Customers buying in dept stores are buying scented credit cards.

People shopping discount stores are buying natural scents in lawn & garden.

Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom & Honey is my favorite scent. Ever since I found it I haven't worn any other fragrance line. Sometimes I'll mix it with Orange Blossom. I do get stopped and asked about it quite a bit, but it can only be purchased at either Jo Malone stores (my nearest is in Las Vegas at the Wynn) or online. They're out of the UK.
Jo Malone

Tip for unmarried girls who are looking for a husband: Dab some gravy or hotdog relish behind your ears. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: If that doesn't work, try some motor oil!

I liked Aramis on my hubby but due to allergies that he's developed over the years he can't wear it anymore which means when he's around me I can't wear Opium---he literally starts coughing and choking. But I get lots of compliments when I wear it and he's out of town. It's difficult however to stop at perfume counters in the mall as it's an instant headache for me--same with candle shops.....be careful if you travel with perfume that is over 3oz as the airlines will make you throw it away and they don't care what it cost you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom