Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it looks like I am finally going to win the battle against my hernia. I just got a call this morning asking if I could make the original (second scheduled) surgery date which is two days from now, Friday May 5th. It has been really bothering me the last couple of days so even though it mucks up things regarding the move and TB taking me to see Guardians of the Galaxy that day, I said yes.

I probably won't be around for Friday and the weekend, but I will up and about by Monday even if I am not fast and energetic!

Well, it looks like I am finally going to win the battle against my hernia. I just got a call this morning asking if I could make the original (second scheduled) surgery date which is two days from now, Friday May 5th. It has been really bothering me the last couple of days so even though it mucks up things regarding the move and TB taking me to see Guardians of the Galaxy that day, I said yes.

I probably won't be around for Friday and the weekend, but I will up and about by Monday even if I am not fast and energetic!

Hugs and loving thoughts your way.

Good Luck, Lyd. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I also miss Pac like crazy but unless he has sworn off the internet entirely, "nit-picking and bickering" is sadly just part of the package.

+1 more for missing Pacnar.

And you are quite right, K-L, about it being part of the deal. I guess I am guilty of becoming thin skinned as well. My father's death has changed me (and I'm sure continues to do so ). I don't have the fight in me any longer, or rather in a less dramatic sense, I prefer to avoid situations and people that are continuously irritating and there appears no end in sight; no one to reign that in.

There will always be greener pastures out there on the internet, but I haven't forgotten my DC roots, and all the things that I've learned here, and all of the folks with whom we've shared our lives. I can only return once in a while hoping for good old times, but hope even more that great members like Pac come to feel the same way and give DC another shot.

Last edited:
Good Luck, Lyd. I'll keep you in my prayers.
+1 more for missing Pacnar.

Thanks, Bucky T, I will take all the prayers you got! :)

And I miss the old PAC man too! Does anyone have his email? I have left a few times but always seem to make my way back here.

Oh and thanks to everyone who has wished me well for tomorrow. I tried to send you all thanks but if I missed anyone please know I do appreciate it!

Last edited:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, LP. Thinking of you.
------------------
I miss Pac too, I always enjoyed his posts and pics of his dogs lying in the sunshine. Maybe he still reads here from time to time, and will check in.

Last edited:

Oh my, Lydia, I wish only skilled hands and hearts to take very good care of you tomorrow. Also, the easiest and most speedy recovery ever know to mankind.

Oh my, Lydia, I wish only skilled hands and hearts to take very good care of you tomorrow. Also, the easiest and most speedy recovery ever know to mankind.

Thanks so much Kgirl! I really trust the surgeon very much. I waited a year so I could make sure I got him. He has done two procedures prior to this and he knows my quirky health. He is actually the one that found the hernia when he was removing my ruptured appendix. He would have repaired it then but didn't want to give my body too much to heal at once. That's when I knew I liked him!

Good luck, LP. Don't forget to check in with us as soon as you feel human. It will be nice to know you made it through with flying colors. ;)

...I miss Pac too, I always enjoyed his posts and pics of his dogs lying in the sunshine. Maybe he still reads here from time to time, and will check in.
If he does, Cheryl, I guess it's from behind the curtain. His last log-in on his profile page shows (month and day) 2014.

Sorry I missed this post earlier... LP - sending a few dragonettes your way to help you with a speedy recovery. They can also help with your packing and moving should you need them, don't over strain yourself and ruin what the doc is doing for your hernia!

Have been reading some of the back posts here. Pacanis was one of the first people I interacted with when I first joined. He and I share a similar hobby (aside from cooking :)) I too, tried an email from here but never heard back. I admit I didn't know him as well as the rest of you but I rather miss him.

There was another member with whom I was in personal contact at the time. I was just looking at an email from her the other day (her name just doesn't come to mind right now, it's late and the wine has been flowing). I've sent her an email (personal, not thru DC) but have not heard back from her... I know she had medical problems but I'm really really hoping that is not why I haven't heard.

Thank you, everyone, for your well-wishes.

The surgery itself went very well, though I was 2 hours late. The surgeon had a very long emergency but was not going to cancel me again so it was worth the wait. I did have to stay overnight because my oxygen sats were low and my heart rate high. I never made it out of recovery, though it is now called the post-anesthetic care unit (PACU) and is designed to be able to keep people there for 24 - 48 hours if needed. I had the best treatment ever in a hospital. They took my chronic conditions seriously and were not letting me go until I was ready.

Recovery will take a while, especially since I have to monitor oxygen and pulse and rest accordingly. But I got most of what I wanted to personally pack done before hand and we have arranged for friends to come in and do the rest. I have a surgical "girdle" on for 2 months which restricts bending and lifting. A good reminder!

I will post as I feel up to it. I am practically living in my recliner right now and TB hasn't set up my laptop there so I am at my computer which is less comfortable.

Well here's to a speedy recovery LP! So glad everything went OK. I wish my dragonettes were big enough to help with the move.

As speedy a recovery as I wish you, still take the time that you and your body need to do a proper recovery. Happy happy for you! :clap: :bounce: :clap:

Back
Top Bottom