Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a tad concerned about Snip. Since her last post over two weeks ago she's gone *poof*. Hope all is OK with her and she's just too busy with real life right now...

I'm a tad concerned about Snip. Since her last post over two weeks ago she's gone *poof*. Hope all is OK with her and she's just too busy with real life right now...

i hear what you are saying, goddess, and i can relate. the reason i'm not hitting the panic button just yet, is that snip has been known to 'check out' for a while before on a few occasions. like you, though, i am keeping her on my radar, and will breathe easier once she is safely back 'home' with us....

I too am wanting Snip back!

As V has said though, Snip does disappear for a while here and there...I am sure she will be back soon :)

Well friends, I popped in to ask a quick question, but when I saw everyone in the threads I have decided I will make a real effort to post regularly. I miss you guys!:)

My main problem is my hands and we are still looking for a voice recognition software that will train to my voice. It is very gravely and most of them just can't do it. But there are a couple of new ones we are going to look into. The arthritis in my hands is progressing quickly. This morning they aren't too bad, but the more I type the more sore they will get.

I also wanted to give a quick update on my sister. She has had the surgery on her tailbone and they weren't sure they got all the cancer as it had traveled up. Because of my own disabilities I have only seen her once as she is way in Vancouver. They are going to try and move her to Surrey (where I live and closer to where she lives). She has had a total of 5 surgeries, though I don't know the details of them all. She just got a phone and I am hoping to get the number today and we will go see her on Saturday.

I am on a new pain medication which seems to be working (except on the arthritis in my hands, knee and feet). It has perked up my moods and worked on my back and fibermyalgia. TB has been awesome through all of this, as I knew he would be.

Anyway, hands are getting sore so will go for now! Love you all! :heart:

About Snip:
I left without saying so because many things piled on me all at once. I was just not at the computer very much for a long time and then only short periods.

Maybe life has just gotten out of hand for Snip as well. As others have said, she has taken time off before and popped back up. It could be as simple as computer troubles, or it could be more. I think those of us who can contact her outside DC or even send a Private Message that hopefully she gets notifications for should contact her. When Andy and a couple of others contacted me it made me feel not so alone in what I was dealing with. It could help Snip too. Even if she doesn't answer right away, it will make her feel loved.....unless it IS computer problems. :ermm:

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your troubles, LP. I'm sure your note will unleash a great tide of well-wishes from your friends here.

Wishing you well,
tinlizzie

Thanks Lizzie,
I am actually doing much better and being here is helping - I just have to monitor my typing for my hands. I have actually been able to rid myself of a lot of "baggage" I have been carrying around since I was young and it feels so good to finally feel free to be me.

I am worried about my sister, and carrying the burden of our Dad's estate myself, but I am stronger than I ever have been before and I think people here will gradually see those subtle changes.

Back
Top Bottom