Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmmm, the lower wheel looks like the belt driven fly wheel off our old John Deere B:huh: .

At any rate, it looks like a belt driven unit. So the belt turns the wheel that turns the small gear that turns the large gear. But what does the large gear do?:wacko:

sattie said:
Ok, how old do I have to be to remember this?

Below the toothed wheel, it that some sort of receptacle?
1. It is a older item
2.If you are speaking of what it is sitting on no that is just a rail road tie that we have it resting on.

Thanks for the belly rub. I feel much more like I do now than I did when I first came in here.

Is it a sorghum press?

sattie, pass me another beer please.

The magic of tummy rubbing......
That's it. My SO and i aquired this when my brother bought a vacant 10 acres. It is a early 1940 sugar cane press that was made to make syrup and liquor "squeezins" It is heavy! We had to have a box truck crane lift it and it almost snapped the arm of the lift!:ohmy:
Good Job Buck. Let's see what you have up your paw.

Who are these guys?

I thought they'd both show up the same size. Sorry. No significance to size (ie, size doesn't matter).

Last edited:
The top guy looks a bit like Nostradamus, but...

I'm assuming there is some commonality - field of interest/work, family heritage, whatever - otherwise you wouldn't have posted 2 images.
:huh:

G

The bottom guy looks like a portrait of Rembrandt as an older man so it's possible that the picture at the top is also a painter and he looks familiar not that I got the bottom one correct, too, but the brain cells are not firing very well this morning.

Back
Top Bottom