Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of math. When I was in college, my Calculus and DE professor, a mathematician, once told us for “fun” he would sit around and do 16x16 matrices as well Bertrand and Fourier Series equations. For fun! :shock:

I went through four semesters with him (Cal 1, 2, 3, and DE), and he started every single semester on the first day with the exact same speech. On day one, he introduced himself and said “Every math class you have ever had, or were supposed to have, as well as everything you learned or were supposed to learn in math will be called into play here”. And he meant it. Basic math, algebra, geometry, trig, the whole shebang came into play in his CAL and DE problems.

All of his tests were open book, and he explained this as “You can bring and use any book from any course from any subject or source. You can use any notes, compilations of notes, or sample tests. And it won’t matter”. He made up every test every year for every class from scratch and off the top of his head. A grueling course for sure, but those were the most educational classes from the best teacher I’ve ever had the pleasure of taking.

Here we go. What is this and what is it for?

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 167
Not a golf tee (but it does look like one doesn't it!). Here is a pic for size comparison. That's a penney in the pic. This thing is 2.5" long.

ETA: Oh, and not a piping bag tip.

The small end does have an opening of sorts.

What_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom