Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are an egg sac of sorts... but they aren't typically referred to as egg sacs.
Of course, not many people see them in their dried up form....... (hint, hint)

What the heck is cuckoo spit?! Maybe I don't want to know :ermm:

How big a hint do you want expatgirl?
Hmmm, what you are looking at is "something" that contains eggs. The something is dried up, but the eggs are still good. The eggs aren't eaten as food, but are often accidentally ingested by....... no, that would be too big a hint :)

ok, pacanis, something that I can answer for you if NOT your eggy thingy :), cuckoo spit or spittle bug spit is made by a tree hopper which is a very small insect (Family Homoptera) that sucks sap from plants---to protect themselves they exude a protective frothy, bubbly spit "cocoon" around themselves---if I knew how to post a quick picture for you I would. Yeah, it's as gross to look at as it's described...........

Now for your BIG hint...........:):):)

That was my big hint.
OK, here's another. If you can figure out my user name, that might steer you in the right direction.

pacanis, I have to leave now, but I've really enjoyed your guessing game-----I believe that I'm about 10-12 hours ahead of you and need to get some rest. I'm sure that by the time that I check tomorrow someone will have snared the prize------thanks for the stumper :)

(trying to figure out your username)
Me too! So far all I know is that pacanis raises chickens (I've always wanted to do that!) and that there was a mayor in Puerto Rico in the 1800s named Pacanis. Mostly I get, "Did you mean pecans?" LOL

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom