Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nooo, not one of mine, Barbara, but they are kinda cute. I've never seen one in person.

Not an Airedale, Taxlady.

Is it a barbet?

Holy cow, Barbara, you hit me over the head with that one. I never heard of a Barbet and was going to tell you it wasn't a Jameset either :LOL::LOL::LOL:

No, it isn't, but it sure looks like one, doesn't it? You'll find of lot of European breeds are similar looking, but have different names from country to country, with other subtle changes.
It is a kind of water dog, like the Barbet. I did not read that Barbets were used like the dog I posted though.
Good guess. You learned me something ;)

I had never heard of a Barbet either, but I noticed that dog had kind of rain boot feet, so I did a search for "rare water dogs." Back to the drawing board!

:)Barbara

No, it's more rare and not a designer dog.
As one website says, they were bred for a unique purpose.

Nope, good guess though. They do look a lot like them. These dogs are smaller.
And while they have been used as hunting dogs/retrievers, there is another use they are much better known for. At least in Italy... France...

Nope, good guess though. They do look a lot like them. These dogs are smaller.
And while they have been used as hunting dogs/retrievers, there is another use they are much better known for. At least in Italy... France...

Truffle dogs. Don't know the breed name.

We have a winner!

"
The Lagotto Romagnolo is a rare breed that originated in Italy. These were bred for the unique purpose of seeking out valuable truffles. This is the only type of dog bred for this purpose! The breeds descendants were who retrieved fowl, thus the Lagotto has many features of these types of dogs. The Lagotto Romagnolo is also called the Romagna Water Dog or the Italian Truffle Dog. This breed is still very rare in the United States and is recognized by the F.C.I."
Italian Truffle Dog | Dog Picture Gallery

Good job, Zhizara.

oops, I didn't know all those links would post by C&Ping

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a winner!

"
The Lagotto Romagnolo is a rare breed that originated in Italy. These [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]dogs[/COLOR][/COLOR] were bred for the unique purpose of seeking out valuable truffles. This is the only type of dog bred for this purpose! The breeds descendants were [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]water [COLOR=blue !important]dogs[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] who retrieved fowl, thus the Lagotto has many features of these types of dogs. The Lagotto Romagnolo is also called the Romagna Water Dog or the Italian Truffle Dog. This breed is still very rare in the United States and is recognized by the F.C.I."
Italian Truffle Dog | Dog Picture Gallery

Good job, Zhizara.

oops, I didn't know all those links would post by C&Ping

Anyone who feels like it may have my turn.

Zhizara

Anyone who feels like it may have my turn.

Zhizara

I'll go Z! This is in Wyoming, quite grand! Wish I had a better pic of it. I know I've mentioned several times where I lived in Wyoming (Laramie)...so that is your first clue.

28716-albums285-picture2394.jpg

Have fun!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom