Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I will keep guessing in case Phinz is incorrect.

Are they mini buns/ dumplings?

P.S.
I used the term dim sum incorrectly (it is too broad of a term).

Here is a picture of them from my freezer
OK I thought I was putting a picture here but I messed up somehow.:ermm:

What is Chinese zhong? I tried searching but I am not always very good at it. :(

Last edited:
trying for a picture again
sorry about this :ermm:

I got a picture!! YA! :clap:
I'm off to The Mall (West Edmonton Mall - the only mall for me). I am giong to look around the Chinese store while I am there and try to look to see if I can find Zhong or other things that look like the picture. :)

Attachments

• dim sum pic.jpg
    dim sum pic.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Nope, sorry. Looks real close though. Not from China...or the Arctic.

[ I thought it was going to be easy :) I love these things :P ]

They could also be Himalayan Momos. Dumplings look like dumplings look like dumplings. There's not much in the picture to set one apart from another.

I'll narrow it down a little. They are not from: China, Japan, Korea or any other oriental country. (is that pc?) Oh well, they are mainly filled with ground lamb, pork or beef.

Last edited:
phinz said:
Then they're probably Khinkali from Georgia, which look like xaolingbao and zhong.

DING DING DING!!!

My wife is from Georgia. I love those friggin things. She yells at me when I eat the whole thing. Good job Phinz. :)

Yeah. You're supposed to leave the kudi behind so you can keep track of how many of them you've eaten. :mrgreen:

It's late. I'll find something tomorrow. Sweet dream pholks!

Last edited:
This may be a difficult one. To some of us it's a timeless icon and a wonderful memory of good times. To others it's probably just a rock. What is it called and where is it?

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom