Halloween drinks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
Hi all,

What sort of ghoulish, spooky non-alcoholic drinks do you like to serve up at Halloween parties and get-togethers???

bats-007.gif

I have a few german recipes, I`ll try to translate... with my transaltion side off for server work... :glare:
witch punch

1/4 l milk
1-2 tblsp sugar
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 Kiwi
1 banana
some drops foodcolour

cut the banana and the kiwi into small pieces.
put into a mixer with the other ingridients and mix well.

mulled wine (non alcoholic)

1 glass applejuice
1 glass orange juice
1 tblsp cinnamon
ca. 100g dried fruits
fruit tea

for the sweetness:
sugar
honey

bring 1l water to cook and add the tea, leave it for about 15min
put on the stove and add the juices and the cinnamon and warm the whole thing. DON`T COOK!
when its hot pour into a big jar and add the dried fruites. sweet as you like, serve hot.

found some more.. ;o))

Fright Night-Drink

1 tblsp strawberry sirup
some drops yellow foodcolour
half glas of milk
half glas sparkling water
1 ball chocolate icecream

put the sirup and the milk in a big glass add the foodcolour, fill with sparkling water and put the icecream into the glass

you could also add a cold hand to a bowle... just fill water into a well clean disposable glove and let it freeze well... remove the glove and put into the bowle...

Melted Ghost Punch:
(Loved this as a kid)
red punch (hawaiian punch - do they still make that?) + 7-up stirred together in a big punch bowl with scoops of strawberry or orange sherbet floating on top. The sherbet melts and leaves a spooky melty look.

Orange juice mixed with creme soda is really tasty and looks appropriate for a Halloween party. (try it, it really is good!)

Here's a fun idea: get the tiniest gummies you can find like little spiders, or tiny-sized worms. Put one into each slot of an ice cube tray. Fill remaining space with water. Freeze. Pop these into drinks, preferrably something like sprite, that is clear.

Thoroughly wash some rubber gloves, and then fill with water till they're hand-sized. Freeze, and then float them in a punch bowl.

And, (of course it's not a drink, but what fun is a DC thread without someone going off topic:rolleyes: ), a really easy, fun goodie bag for the kids: Get clear plastic (not rubber) gloves, and into each one, put one candy corn in the fingernail area. Fill the rest of the glove with popped popcorn. Tie at the wrist with a twist-tie. Add a plastic spider ring on the ring finger.

Slime Sipper

1- 6 oz flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
3 cups cold soda
1 scoop sherbert

Prepare gelatin per package- dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water, but instead of adding 1 cup cold water, add 1 cup soda. Let set until firm. With a wire whisk, chop the jello into small pieces, and add 2 more cups soda. Add sherbert if desired to make mixture frothy.

My daughter turned 8 in September and we had a mad science lab party and I made this drink and the kids loved it! I made 3 jello layers in a punch bowl and used contrasting soda colors. Requires a little "color planning", but well worth it. I wanted a thick slimy drink, but that would require too much jello-o, plus the soda = too much sugar, so this was a good alternative. :sick: (a little too um, slimy for my liking though)

not a drink, but a drink accessory. i saw this on the martha stewart show... lol. she took radishes and partially peeled them, leaving some of the red. then she used a tiny mellonballer and scooped out a little hole in the radish. then she put a pimento olive into the hole... little mini eyeballs! she froze them in ice cubes and used them in bloody marys... so maybe a virgin bloody mary with eyeball ice cubes. i have always wanted to try this.

Ghoulish Punch

I just found this one, it sounds great! (Or should I say very spooky!)

Ghoulish Punch

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
Makes: 10 servings, about 1 cup each

2 cups boiling water

1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin

2 cups cold orange juice

1 bottle (1 liter) seltzer, chilled

Ice cubes

1 pt. (2 cups) orange sherbet, slightly softened

1 orange, thinly sliced

1 lime, thinly sliced

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in juice. Cool to room temperature.

POUR into punch bowl just before serving. Add seltzer and ice; stir.

ADD scoops of sherbet and fruit slices.

Great Substitute
Substitute 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin for the 1 pkg. (8-serving size) gelatin.

Great Substitute
Substitute club soda for the seltzer.

Goulish_Punch.jpg

Piccolina said:
I just found this one, it sounds great! (Or should I say very spooky!)

Ghoulish Punch

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
Makes: 10 servings, about 1 cup each

2 cups boiling water

1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin

2 cups cold orange juice

1 bottle (1 liter) seltzer, chilled

Ice cubes

1 pt. (2 cups) orange sherbet, slightly softened

1 orange, thinly sliced

1 lime, thinly sliced

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in juice. Cool to room temperature.

POUR into punch bowl just before serving. Add seltzer and ice; stir.

ADD scoops of sherbet and fruit slices.

Great Substitute
Substitute 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin for the 1 pkg. (8-serving size) gelatin.

Great Substitute
Substitute club soda for the seltzer.

Goulish_Punch.jpg

I like the sound of that one!!

I saw some people do a punch once and got a wooden keg barrel that was cut in half. They sat a small stool in the center and put dry ice around the bottom of the barrel and then put the punch bowl on the stool. Pouring water on the dry ice every once in a while to make it smoke. They had some scarecrows sitting at the sides of it. It was pretty neat looking.

You just have to watch and make sure kids don't touch it. Maybe put some wire mesh over it so that little hands can't get to it.

texasgirl said:
I like the sound of that one!!

I saw some people do a punch once and got a wooden keg barrel that was cut in half. They sat a small stool in the center and put dry ice around the bottom of the barrel and then put the punch bowl on the stool. Pouring water on the dry ice every once in a while to make it smoke. They had some scarecrows sitting at the sides of it. It was pretty neat looking.

You just have to watch and make sure kids don't touch it. Maybe put some wire mesh over it so that little hands can't get to it.
I've seen dry ice used on TV shows that depicted Halloween parties ("Home Improvement" springs to my mind, they always had awesome, fantastically decorated Halloween parties on that show!), but never tried using dry ice myself...I think it's great idea texasgirl - thanks for sharing this creativeness with us.

pumpkin_bounce_md_wht.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom